Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Car locking and unlocking

Views : 485

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 18th, 2018, 12:20   #1
Timothy2

Default Car locking and unlocking

Hi all.
I have a 66 plate v60 r design lux (with all the toys).

Over the last few days I've noticed some very odd behaviour with the locks. I was washing the car yesterday (with the wife Sat in side) and the car locked it's self 3 times without anyone pressing the lock button.

This morning we came out the house and I noticed the wing mirrors were unfolded, I tried the doors and all but the drivers door was locked. The car is set to unlock all doors on one press and not just the drivers door.

I think something is starting to go wrong. Any one else had similar things happening?

Thanks all
Timothy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2018, 12:55   #2
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

if its like my S90, its some sort of proximity sensor, so water will activate it. I leave my keys in my garage or just a way away from the car while washing.
Old Feb 18th, 2018, 15:36   #3
volvo for ever
Premier Member

keyless entry ,,the handle have wires and small multiplug its the water thats causing it mine does the same i leave keys inside house whilst washing car as it closes / opens many times

regards
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2018, 16:42   #4
Chief inspector
Master Member

All keyless entry cars do this as it sees the water the same way it sees your hand. Takes the keys out your pocket.
Old Feb 18th, 2018, 18:31   #5
noodle1066
Volvo is now in my blood

So if you have your keys within rage of the car (parked close to the house and keys in range), when it rains the car will unlock lock unlock all the time?
I have no interest in keyless due to flaws in the tech like this and potential car thefts.
noodle1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2018, 19:03   #6
PJordan

This only happens if you are standing next to the car with key in your pocket, not at any other time. The keyless range is so short you literally need to be right beside car, perfectly safe in nearly all situations.
PJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2018, 19:19   #7
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

but I don't have this problem with my 2009 S80, I think the switch is more a pressure pad.