Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S60 door locks

Views : 495

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 19th, 2018, 10:32   #1
ANDERSON

Default S60 door locks

Hi there my wife has a 2011 S60 D5,if I lock the doors with fob it locks everything except passenger door,if I stand beside door I can here it lock after about 10 to 15 seconds,also when opening it won’t open passenger door,but if I press open then close a couple of times quickly it seems to open,thanks.
ANDERSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 14:26   #2
Ixion

Hi there, sounds like you're experiencing the same problem I had a month or so ago (which gradually got worse).

The lock mechanism has failed - which is why it doesn't lock initially, but finally locks when the deadlocks activate.

You can see this happening in real time by looking through the window at the lock buttons all all of the doors. When you press the button initially all door lock buttons except the faulty one will be orange, and then the one faulty will light up when the locks activate.

You'll also notice that the indicator lights don't flash when locking (as it thinks the door is still open). However once the deadlocks have fired and you press the button again it will. It's the same circuit used to illuminate the buttons mentioned above.

The lock motor and micro switch strength is the same reason it doesn't unlock.

I was told by Volvo this is a common problem and they used to fix them as a gesture of good will up to 4 years old. Alas mine failed outside of this window too.

It's a sealed unit so you have to replace the whole lock and motor unit, which is only available from a scrapyard/eBay or dealers (£200 + VAT). I plumped for a new one as didn't want to risk another well used one from eBay.

It's not easy to replace either as you have to un-plug the loom and take the inner door card off (behind the outer door card) as well as the window guides.
Ixion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ixion For This Useful Post: