Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1994 VOLVO 850 2.5SE saloon FOR SALE £425.

Views : 1260

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 16th, 2008, 12:48   #1
fat_controller

Default 1994 VOLVO 850 2.5SE saloon FOR SALE £425.

Here we have for sale my 1994 VOLVO 850 2.5SE saloon. Lovely condition, and drives beautifully.

The car is MOT'd until 16-11-2008, although it has only covered 1454 miles since the last one and I foresee no problems with it passing with flying colours. The last MOT was issued 2 days before I bought the car and shows NO advisories. Due to the car being off the road since the end of April, the engine has been regularly run to avoid any internal problems and, the car moved backwards and forwards on the drive to avoid the brakes binding up.

Externally, the car is in what I would describe as better than average condition, especially for the age. There are one or two small marks, but no rust and no big dents. There is a towbar with twin electrics - fully working - and the vehicle is a great towcar. There is of course a headlamp wash/ wipe system.

Internally, the car is in very good condition. There is air-con which IS cold and, in the ski flap in the centre of the rear seat, is a built in child booster seat. The boot is huge - great for holidays, and it benefits from rear seats that split and fold down, as in a hatchback. There is a Volvo FM/AM stereo cassette player - but most audio centres sell the convertor kit to enable any cd/ mp3 tuner to fit direct to the wiring of this car.

I bought the car with the engine management light and service lights both lit. The car was serviced by myself in February and the light was extinguished. The management light proved to be a faulty oxygen sensor in the exhaust, which was replaced with the proper Bosch part and extinguished the light automatically.

There is an onboard computer which will display miles travelled, average and instant MPG, fuel distance remaining and also the outside air temperature. As can be imagined, with the size and type of the vehicle, it is a VERY comfortable ride.

All four windows are electrically operated, and can all be operated from the drivers seat. There is also the option to "lock out" the rear door window buttons, to stop children opening them and falling out! The door mirrors are both electrically operated - and heated. Both front seats are also electrically heated. The doors and boot also benefit from central locking/ dead locking.

Thats the good parts. It's a 14 year old car and has a couple of small problems:

1). The glovebox is locked. It will NOT unlock! I am advised by the previous owner that he thinks there is some service history in there, but he - like me - never got round to opening it! It should be easy to repair, using a junior hacksaw blade to saw through the lugs and fitting a couple of magnetic catches is apparently the most popular way!

2). There is a fault with the central locking on the drivers door only. The door WILL lock and unlock, but only from the passenger door or the boot. The key goes into the lock but will not turn. I believe that it SHOULD be an easy fix, but I'm not mechanically minded so am reluctant to start dismantling things I don't understand.

All in all - it's a lovely car with tons of life left in it yet.

If you want to come and look at the car (bear in mind there is NO TAX and the car is subject to SORN), then please contact me. I'm available nearly every evening and most of the weekend - I'm about five miles from Manchester Airport.

Vehicle is obviously collection only.

Oh yes - the reason I'm selling it? To be honest, I've not used it much as can be seen from the mileage covered, and I've just bought a V reg. 2 litre diesel Xantia as my tow car. I'm sure though that the winning bidder will be happy with their purchase.

Price ? £425 ovno!

Can't upload attachments for some reaon, so if anyone wants ics, let me know! (images added by saturnuranus)

Regards,
Lee.

Last edited by saturnuranus; Aug 17th, 2008 at 11:00. Reason: Added images
fat_controller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 10:26   #2
liuleichan
Premier Member

Location, auto or manual, 10v or 20v engine?
liuleichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 16:23   #3
fat_controller

Smile

"Location, auto or manual, 10v or 20v engine"

South Manchester - near Altrincham.

It's a manual gearbox, and I THINK it's the 20 valve.

Regards,
Lee
fat_controller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 01:01   #4
captain sensible
Bitty?

Mate, ever heard of ebay? did you just join to sell your tat?
used to own:95&96 850 t5,Sumex Cone, Bailey DV, Reverse IC, IPD top mount, Ferrita cat back, forge blanking plate, strut brace, drilled/groovy disks, 350cc@3 bar blue tops, lowered, bilstein HD's front and rear.AlanM rear strut brace
captain sensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 07:53   #5
Citizen.Agfa
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain sensible View Post
Wind it in, son; he's been a member since 2007 and has posted about this very car since then.

C.A.
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 07:55   #6
liuleichan
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain sensible View Post
Before your post, the last post to the thread was over a year ago?
liuleichan is offline   Reply With Quote