Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Vodafone 100GB SIM not working

Views : 23971

Replies : 151

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 29th, 2019, 08:33   #91
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenback78 View Post
Just wanted to add my thanks for this thread too. Just received my new XC60 - OnCall not set up and no SIM installed. This thread was absolutely invaluable at giving the dealer a good kicking for not setting up the car properly before it reached me. Sadly I'm not near Northants but I would like to add CarPlay and a towbar at some point so I might just make the trip so you get the business
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnster View Post
Awesome Marc!!!

Thank you so much for the info about how to set it up!

I got my car yesterday - I quizzed the dealer if they had fitted the free Sim, they confirmed they had so I went away happy.

On the drive home I wondered where all the apps were that I was supposed to have - mucked around with the system this morning when I realised that it wasn't connected - luckily I have lurked around this forum whilst I was waiting for my car to be delivered and remembered this thread.

Took ten minutes and hey presto I am connected - if it wasn't for your help I would have to drive back to Gloucester to the dealers.

Thank You!!!
Glad I've been able to assist both of you

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2019, 23:29   #92
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

Just popped in to add my thanks. Picked up car (S60 MY20) on Monday without SIM (doh!)
Had SIM sent over and after fitting the SIM ended up with the problem of non-connection. Followed the guide from page 1 to find incorrect codes etc, corrected but still no internet connection. Tried again today and after several attempts inc the switch to bluetooth to force the selection back after re-ticking the boxes etc---suddenly and honestly with no idea of what I had done differently I got a connection and was able to register a Vodafone account. That all works now. Just need to wait to see what happens tomorrow when I go back to the car. Had to reconnect my phone using bluetooth after getting the vodaphone SIM registered.
What a faff. I would never have acheived anything without the help in this thread so huge thanks.
ovlov04v is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ovlov04v For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2019, 16:08   #93
MattDell

I still haven’t managed to get mine to work. Might have to give it another go after reading about your success!
MattDell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2019, 16:24   #94
Driver Dave

This Vodafone in-car-internet sim is a joke I know this is the SPA forum but the XC40's also get this piece of rubbish. I picked up a '40 on Monday and after spending over an hour with the salesman we finally managed to get it working. Tuesday morning - no internet, I spent a long time going through the set up details very carefully to no effect.

I then removed the "3" sim from my XC90 put it into the '40 and immediately got an internet connection, no messing about, no playing with the settings etc.

I have decided to buy another "3" sim (£27.00 for 12gB / 12 months) and ditch the Vodaphone c**p.

Why do Volvo / Vodafone have to make life so difficult.
Old Dec 7th, 2019, 18:04   #95
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

A quick follow up to say that the system all loaded properly on start up today. It takes about a minute to finalise connection but signal strength here is pretty poor so not surpised at that.
I was then able to download a few of the Volvo apps at good speed and without any issues.
Seems I have sorted it, I just wish I could give you a focused method of how I did! I think disconnecting the phone, closing bluetooth/wifi and then reconnecting via the car wifi might be the reason but dont qoute me on that. By that time my brain was getting severe IT lag.
ovlov04v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2019, 00:51   #96
sk546
Master Member

Thanks in advance for all of those on this thread as without it, I would never have known that my MY20 XC60 was supposed to have come with a data SIM installed as my supplying dealer mentioned nothing about it.
Once I had seen this, I quickly sent the wife out to look at the car using the check list on Page 1 only to find that there was no sim installed in the sim holder!!
Am currently awaiting my sales person to return from holiday (apparently, no one else at the dealership can help me with my issue??!!) and hopefully they will post me up a sim card.
At this point, Im pretty sure the check list will become invaluable in trying to get the thing working.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2019, 09:59   #97
GJB
Premier Member

What dealer did not do his job ?
MY10 XC90 D5 R design Red MY04 XC90 D5 SE RED
95 940 2 ltr D Silver Auto /84 740 2ltr D Red
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2020, 23:18   #98
Bladette

Sorry being thick, how do I know if my car should have come with a SIM? XC60 bought new in July 19.
Bladette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2020, 07:55   #99
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladette View Post
Sorry being thick, how do I know if my car should have come with a SIM? XC60 bought new in July 19.
It would have needed to be a brand new 2020 model year vehicle.

Kind Regards

Marc

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2020, 10:14   #100
Bladette

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
It would have needed to be a brand new 2020 model year vehicle.

Kind Regards

Marc
It is classed as a 2020 model?
Bladette is offline   Reply With Quote