Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 front camera not working

Views : 6740

Replies : 39

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 28th, 2018, 13:30   #31
chrisnoy

Yes, thanks for that, it gives me a few options to follow. One of the things that makes me more angry about all this is lack of any communication from Volvo UK, not even an acknowledgment after I emailed them and even the dealer not ringing me back when they said they would. Just makes me more liable to respond in a negative way.
Old Apr 28th, 2018, 15:58   #32
Bernard F

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnoy View Post
Yes, thanks for that, it gives me a few options to follow. One of the things that makes me more angry about all this is lack of any communication from Volvo UK, not even an acknowledgment after I emailed them and even the dealer not ringing me back when they said they would. Just makes me more liable to respond in a negative way.
Chris, will you allow me, an old timer, to offer a few words of advice. It will not help matters by showing your anger or talking about compensation at this stage.
Your car is not OTF, (off the road) so you cannot expect priority treatment from Volvo, in the scheme of things your fault is minor and is being dealt with.
I believe the dealer dealing with the repair is not your supplying dealer, the lack of a replacement harness is beyond his control, he has supplied a loan car when you refused to use your own car, and is due thanks, not angry reprimand. You will probably get better attention by phoning again and just asking if there is anymore news. You should also consider taking back your own car in the meantime.
I only say this to help you get a quicker more suitable solution and am not disagreeing with anything you have done so far.
Old May 28th, 2018, 08:02   #33
NickV90

Ooh, did you get the camera sorted in the end? I'm still curious in case mine goes again.

Thanks
Nick
NickV90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2018, 08:14   #34
chrisnoy

No, took the advice of those on here and got the car back whilst waiting for the part. Still no part. Volvo has hinted at some compensation vouchers but no definite amount until it’s all sorted. I am guessing the hand made precision harness is taking a long time to make and those that are made are used for new cars.
Not impressive really but as others have said on here, just my bad luck!
Old May 28th, 2018, 08:42   #35
Chief inspector
Master Member

A fair solution to me would be to refund at least part of the cost of the camera option or pack as you are not getting the benefit.

A friend was in a similar situation in the past I think you will find that the issue here is that the loom has been modified on current cars so yours is now ‘obsolete’ for manufacture and is a spare part only that they dont stock, so one needs to be made up as a special at Bosch or Delphi or wherever Volvo get the looms from.

On his (Mercedes) they modified the engine bay wiring loom for new injectors, his car had a problem and they replaced the injectors and ECU but the loom was different, so the dealer chopped and changed it according to a service bulletin, but it managed to cause a gearbox electrical issue, so Mercedes eventually had a repair loom made and gave it a part number, this covered the ‘pre factory modified’ cars with a dealer modification. Now that really was a shambles and they made a right mess of the trim in the engine bay with all the work. Best bit was the car was down on power from the injector change, something they flat denied.
Old May 28th, 2018, 21:14   #36
volvo for ever
Premier Member

I don't no why you didn't contact Volvo customer services they have more clout to get things speeded up..definitely not dealers fault so no point getting in an argument with them ..all dealer can do is update there TJ saying I've got unhappy customer etc.
I'd be surprised if it is wiring tbh more likely to be the WAM or camera itself

Good luck
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2018, 21:29   #37
chrisnoy

I did contact customer service and they have said please be patient and there may be compensation when its all sorted. The dealer has already changed the camera so not that. Ill contact customer service again tomorrow but I am getting weary about it all to be honest.
Old May 29th, 2018, 11:58   #38
volvo for ever
Premier Member

It states if wam code is there change wam did they say what’s up with cablecorrosion or break
Old May 29th, 2018, 14:29   #39
chrisnoy

All they said was it needs a new cable harness.
Old May 29th, 2018, 15:34   #40
volvo for ever
Premier Member

It will be interesting to hear out come no doubt Volvo technical are involved there normally spot on
If it's not camera ,cable that only leaves WAM which is located nsf under carpet on floor not to be confused with the MAM which is in roof
Regards