Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D4 VEA 'check engine' light / EGR fault thread

Views : 598975

Replies : 2691

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 13th, 2018, 18:48   #1791
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pas12345 View Post
Thanks i will try that. Which garage provided you with this document?
Ray Chapman York.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 14th, 2018, 11:58   #1792
Pas12345
Jacksprat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
Ray Chapman York.
No luck Nigel, even at Volvo York i rang and spoke to Andy and he does not know what i am on about refering service action report?!
Pas12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2018, 14:51   #1793
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pas12345 View Post
No luck Nigel, even at Volvo York i rang and spoke to Andy and he does not know what i am on about refering service action report?!
So what does your dealer say when you show him my printout. Does he suggest it is a piece of fiction ?
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2018, 20:36   #1794
billclarke

Default Will it never end?

Had the EML alert in April (I had already been in with it about a year earlier and think they fitted the modification). Fault code ECM-P014C00-O2 sensor slow response-rich to lean ( Bank 1 sensor 1). Requires O2 sensor clean and smoke test.
I had hoped that would be the end of it but it lit up again last week.
Fault code ECM-P014C00-O2 sensor slow response-rich to lean (Bank 1 sensor1). Required O2 sensor clean and ECM diesel upgrade software 30788940.
Any idea if this problem will ever be solved?
billclarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2018, 21:34   #1795
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billclarke View Post
Had the EML alert in April (I had already been in with it about a year earlier and think they fitted the modification). Fault code ECM-P014C00-O2 sensor slow response-rich to lean ( Bank 1 sensor 1). Requires O2 sensor clean and smoke test.
I had hoped that would be the end of it but it lit up again last week.
Fault code ECM-P014C00-O2 sensor slow response-rich to lean (Bank 1 sensor1). Required O2 sensor clean and ECM diesel upgrade software 30788940.
Any idea if this problem will ever be solved?
what you had done last week is the latest fix about three weeks old .
Old Jul 16th, 2018, 12:25   #1796
TGe303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
On yours yes , but ALL final fixes have a one piece top hose ..

The T piece on 2 versions of the fix is on the Small bore cooler hoses lower down .
So what I'm saying is Always look at the fatter TOP radiator hose which goes from the driver's side of the Radiator to the centre of the engine block , The final fix will have no T Piece half way along like the old version does .
Thanks for the info - since I am not 100% sure that I have also received the final fix from the Volvo dealer, I would appreciate if anybody can tell me (by looking at the attached picture) if it is so.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180716_130822.jpg (174.2 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by TGe303; Jul 16th, 2018 at 13:05.
TGe303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2018, 15:23   #1797
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGe303 View Post
Thanks for the info - since I am not 100% sure that I have also received the final fix from the Volvo dealer, I would appreciate if anybody can tell me (by looking at the attached picture) if it is so.

Thanks in advance!
Yes you have , a single hose with nothing else attached to it ..
Old Jul 17th, 2018, 08:03   #1798
craigv60
Master Member

+1 to what Clan said. For others looking at the pic, the two Jubilee clips on the coolant hose are the tell-tale that the 'final' fix has been done.
craigv60 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craigv60 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 17th, 2018, 16:25   #1799
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Yes you have , a single hose with nothing else attached to it ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigv60 View Post
+1 to what Clan said. For others looking at the pic, the two Jubilee clips on the coolant hose are the tell-tale that the 'final' fix has been done.
In the last 2 weeks I bought a 2015(64) V60 D4 (181) but have no repair or recall history (just the service history). From reading this thread it looks to me like my car has had the relevant EGR cooler revisions, but I'd be grateful if someone knowledgeable could confirm please.

The large top radiator hose running left/right is continuous with no T-piece and there is a smaller (coolant?) pipe that runs downwards that has a straight coupler with a pair of jubilee clips:-

So does this mean the EGR valve has also been replaced?

Thanks
Jon
Zebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2018, 20:39   #1800
craigv60
Master Member

Yours is one of the early VEA D4s which was probably built and shipped before these problems came to light. The presence of the jubilee clips on the smaller hose means yours has had the very latest fix - and probably at least one fix before that, too.

I got my car in July 2014 and it had its first 'fix' done in January 2015 after about 6,000 miles. I had three fixes done overall, with at least one EGR cooler and EGR valve replacement.

I'd say it's likely that yours has had a valve replacement, and will definitely have had the latest cooler fitted too.
craigv60 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craigv60 For This Useful Post: