Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dice and Vida 2014d For Sale

Views : 418938

Replies : 1084

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 3rd, 2016, 09:27   #61
Montana
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
Every unit I sell is tested and known working and I have sold many of these through here and my YouTube subscribers and there have been no complaints.

If anyone who has bought from me reads this, please feel free to post up how things worked out for you.

Vida 2014d works on Windows 7 Professional but there are other ways of having Vida for free.

There are 3 buying options.....

Option 1
£85 cash on collection from Crewe in Cheshire or from the 3 x Cheshire M6 service areas (Keele, Sandbach and Knutsford) north or southbound.

Option 2
£95 delivered to mainland UK (Inc. Northern Ireland)
Paid via PayPal friends and family only.

Option 3
Highlands, Islands, Republic of Ireland, Europe and everywhere else is £85 for the Dice/Vida plus you pay the cost of whichever delivery service you choose.
Total paid via PayPal friends and family only.
Morning, apologies for the basic question, but would this allow me to enable the trip readout on my V50? Thanks

Previous: 2006 XC90 D5 , 2008 V50 2.0D
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2016, 10:45   #62
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
Morning, apologies for the basic question, but would this allow me to enable the trip readout on my V50? Thanks
I'm sorry but I don't know.
If you ask in the technical section for your car, someone will hopefully be able to answer.
Old Nov 3rd, 2016, 12:43   #63
Dancake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
I suspect that you would need a software update from Volvo to activate the trip function. Do you have the trip computer control stalk?
Dancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2016, 14:10   #64
Montana
Master Member

Quote:
I'm sorry but I don't know.
If you ask in the technical section for your car, someone will hopefully be able to answer.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancake View Post
I suspect that you would need a software update from Volvo to activate the trip function. Do you have the trip computer control stalk?
Yes i think i do, can scroll through options (currently only got the DTS one).

Previous: 2006 XC90 D5 , 2008 V50 2.0D
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2016, 09:34   #65
d3160y

Smile

Quote:
Every unit I sell is tested and known working and I have sold many of these through here and my YouTube subscribers and there have been no complaints.

If anyone who has bought from me reads this, please feel free to post up how things worked out for you.

Vida 2014d works on Windows 7 Professional but there are other ways of having Vida for free.

There are 3 buying options.....

Option 1
£85 cash on collection from Crewe in Cheshire or from the 3 x Cheshire M6 service areas (Keele, Sandbach and Knutsford) north or southbound.

Option 2
£95 delivered to mainland UK (Inc. Northern Ireland)
Paid via PayPal friends and family only.

Option 3
Highlands, Islands, Republic of Ireland, Europe and everywhere else is £85 for the Dice/Vida plus you pay the cost of whichever delivery service you choose.
Total paid via PayPal friends and family only.
[QUOTE=richard;2139935]" Paid via PayPal friends and family only. "

Hi there

Being a devoted reader of this forum I think the Vida /Dice is a a very helpful tool. I would love to have one. Can you please pm me Cheshired5 as a new member I'm unable to send you a message.
d3160y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 20:06   #66
TLPower

I'm just about at my wits end with my 2005 V70T5. Will VIDA enable me to identify the root cause of a frequent 0017 code. I've checked and cleaned both cam sensors, the crank sensor and associated plugs. Static cam timing also checked. Car has done 94k The belt was changed 2 years ago by a Volvo garage. The car runs great, no flatspots or hesitations, just the annoying light coming on from time to time.

If the answer is yes, is the offer still open to have VIDA loaded onto a spare laptop if I pop it across?

Many thanks.
TLPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 20:36   #67
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPower View Post
I'm just about at my wits end with my 2005 V70T5. Will VIDA enable me to identify the root cause of a frequent 0017 code. I've checked and cleaned both cam sensors, the crank sensor and associated plugs. Static cam timing also checked. Car has done 94k The belt was changed 2 years ago by a Volvo garage. The car runs great, no flatspots or hesitations, just the annoying light coming on from time to time.

If the answer is yes, is the offer still open to have VIDA loaded onto a spare laptop if I pop it across?

Many thanks.
I'd be cautious saying that any diagnostics will definitely fix an issue because there can be many factors to fixing a car.
How you approach the problem, interpreting results, your tool collection..... etc

Vida will give you a huge chance of solving it though.

As it is, I'm now sold out of Dice units so you'll have to source one elsewhere unfortunately.
I do installs of Vida on laptops as a separate service but I'm not cheap so I would recommend you trying to do this yourself.
I've written lots on here about how to do it simply.
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 20:44   #68
TLPower

Thank you for the very prompt response. When will you have any more in stock, I'd rather buy a tried and tested unit from you.

I'll bite the bullet this week and take it to a garage.
TLPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 20:50   #69
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPower View Post
Thank you for the very prompt response. When will you have any more in stock, I'd rather buy a tried and tested unit from you.

I'll bite the bullet this week and take it to a garage.
No problem.

To be honest, it will be next year I reckon before I get more in any volume like before.
It's taken up a lot of my time and I could do with a break.

If anything changes, I'll be in touch.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheshired5 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 14th, 2016, 23:37   #70
barrybritcher
Flaccid Member

Can you please tell me what buying a VIDA would do beyond what the icarsoft can do?

If it can do proper logging that would be ace, if not I'm happy to keep my hand held device - no laptop needed to read and erase errors / view basic info.

For my 2001 S60 T5.

Thanks.
barrybritcher is offline   Reply With Quote