Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Noise from door mirror

Views : 1232

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 18th, 2018, 19:32   #1
Lincolnite

Default Noise from door mirror

Hi,

Ok, so my 2017 XC60 SE Lux D4 AWD has a noise coming from the drivers door mirror. It’s a wind type/noise induced rattle which gradually starts at 50 and then gets louder. Above 70 it’s masked by true road/wind noise & if listening to the radio at that speed then it’s not noticeable.

It’s been getting louder/more irritating as the months go by - had the car from new and it’s now 7 months old with 11k on the clock.

If I fold the mirrors in then, as I’d expect, the noise reduces but doesn’t go away completely.

Obviously it’s under warranty- but has anyone else experienced such an irritation.

Cheers- Rob
Lincolnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 10:46   #2
S60RDesign

No but you might want to film something like that otherwise it could be difficult for a dealer to understand what you mean, that's my experience with strange noises and getting dealers to fix. It might be worth checking the mirror and the cover is secure and also the windscreen seals too
S60RDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 19:50   #3
TobyAnscombe

I've a similar issue that I put down to a loose door mirror but no fault was ever found. Interested to see if you ever solve it...
TobyAnscombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 20:05   #4
Lincolnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60RDesign View Post
No but you might want to film something like that otherwise it could be difficult for a dealer to understand what you mean, that's my experience with strange noises and getting dealers to fix. It might be worth checking the mirror and the cover is secure and also the windscreen seals too
All is secure & quite repeatable.
It’s going in on Thursday & they will look at this also - I’ll take the tech out for a test drive ......
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 20:06   #5
Lincolnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyAnscombe View Post
I've a similar issue that I put down to a loose door mirror but no fault was ever found. Interested to see if you ever solve it...
Fingers crossed for thursday
The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolnite For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 20th, 2018, 12:18   #6
Spike56
Master Member

Playing devils advocate here.....every rattle and squeak I've ever had gets louder over time because you heard it and now listen out for it.

However, I would try blanking off all the various gaps with masking tape and see if that cuts down the sound. Another problem is sound transfer. Could something in the door be causing the sounds? I had a fixing nut fall off (!) inside the mirror casing and it would only rattle about at certain revs. Bugger to find until I took the internal cover off and it fell out!
Spike56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2020, 09:10   #7
fraeli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnite View Post
Hi,

Ok, so my 2017 XC60 SE Lux D4 AWD has a noise coming from the drivers door mirror. It’s a wind type/noise induced rattle which gradually starts at 50 and then gets louder. Above 70 it’s masked by true road/wind noise & if listening to the radio at that speed then it’s not noticeable.

It’s been getting louder/more irritating as the months go by - had the car from new and it’s now 7 months old with 11k on the clock.

If I fold the mirrors in then, as I’d expect, the noise reduces but doesn’t go away completely.

Obviously it’s under warranty- but has anyone else experienced such an irritation.

Cheers- Rob

Hello
you solved ?
fraeli is offline   Reply With Quote