Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Delivery News

Views : 74866

Replies : 617

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 24th, 2023, 20:26   #611
Tonyr027

The XC60 Plus B5 Diesel I ordered in April was due into the docks on 14th July.

Dealer emailed last week said delivery would be soon but couldn’t confirm exactly when the car will be available. I said it would be better for us to collect it first week in August due to planned days away and hospital appointments this week.

They said has to be completed by the end of July otherwise we would have to re order and would lose the discounts we have been given (Volvo rules apparently)

It seems a bit odd as still not been offered a July date and can’t really see the issue of delaying it until next Tuesday.

2023 XC60 B4 Plus Thunder Grey - Blond Interior
Tonyr027 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2023, 14:05   #612
Roland_F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyr027 View Post

Dealer emailed last week said delivery would be soon but couldn’t confirm exactly when the car will be available. I said it would be better for us to collect it first week in August due to planned days away and hospital appointments this week.

They said has to be completed by the end of July otherwise we would have to re order and would lose the discounts we have been given (Volvo rules apparently)

It seems a bit odd as still not been offered a July date and can’t really see the issue of delaying it until next Tuesday.
It does sound fishy. I ordered precisely the same model in March, with forecast delivery date now of October, which makes me wonder if you have been given someone else's cancelled build slot, perhaps with some associated promotional deadlines.
Roland_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2023, 14:46   #613
neilgorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyr027 View Post

Likely related to the 1st June shift to the agency sales, giving the dealers 2 months to finalise any sales on the old schemes?
Old Jul 25th, 2023, 15:02   #614
Tonyr027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland_F View Post
It does sound fishy. I ordered precisely the same model in March, with forecast delivery date now of October, which makes me wonder if you have been given someone else's cancelled build slot, perhaps with some associated promotional deadlines.
My original delivery date was said to be in October as is yours. I received a phone call mid June stating it would be early and it would arrive at the dealers sometime in July.

I’ve still not heard anymore from the dealer about delivering it this week.

Old Sep 5th, 2023, 23:37   #615
4StringBass

Is anyone aware of how long its taking cars to get from the docks to the dealers now? I think our car landed either a couple of days ago or tonight. Kinda hoping it won't take long to get it through customs and up the road.
4StringBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2023, 08:50   #616
Tonyr027

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4StringBass View Post
Is anyone aware of how long its taking cars to get from the docks to the dealers now? I think our car landed either a couple of days ago or tonight. Kinda hoping it won't take long to get it through customs and up the road.
My XC60 arrived at Killingholme on Friday 14th July and I picked it up from Riverside Leeds on the 29th July. They did say the time can vary for delivery from the docks. I wasn’t in any rush and I probably could have collected the car a couple of days earlier if I’d pushed them.

Old Sep 7th, 2023, 21:13   #617
PaulBendall

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBendall View Post
UPDATE: The car had a production date of 30th June, which dropped to 29th June sometime during the month. Notification via the came on 28th June to say it had been built. Still showing as delivery in October.
The car is now at my chosen dealership, the app updated status "Car Delivery in Progress" on 24th August. I wondered if that was when the slow boat from China docked.

It was rather coincidental that the old car was in for its five-year service and MOT yesterday. One of the salespeople showed me the new car, or at least what was visible under the delivery protection.

Can't remember exactly when but the app also changed from delivery in October to delivery in September.

Last edited by PaulBendall; Sep 7th, 2023 at 21:20.
PaulBendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2023, 15:24   #618
4StringBass

Car arrived at the dealer on Monday so just under two weeks to get it moved, happy with that. Collection sorted for Friday coming.