Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 740 gle 1989 for sale

Views : 1280

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 9th, 2015, 11:54   #1
dan the man 940

Default Volvo 740 gle 1989 for sale

hi all time to sell my volvo 740 gle saloon 2.3 auto unfortunatly she is for spares or repairs, i bought the car almost a year ago for a run around whilst i built my 940 project, currently has no mot or tax unfortunatly also needs an alternator and battery hence the spares or repairrs was driven daily untill the alternator started to fail and wouldnt fully charge the battery needing two batterys just to go the shops and back 940 is back on the road so car is no longer needed.

the 740 has full black leather interier which is in excellent condition no tears or rips,also black unmarked unwrinkled door cards, car has a few age related marks and dimpled in the paint but it is 25 years old but u can see from the photos does clean up nicely, previous owner was a older lady who had owned it with her husband for about 18years so there is a exstencive wallet of receipts and service record to show its been loooked afer had a full service before i bought it and has only been driven around 2000 miles since if that.

car is pictured with my 16 inch black wheels and grill of my 940 which have now been removed and put back on the 940 so comes with the original wheels and grill which can be seen in the pictures of when i first picked it up.

bad bits -

like i say needs battery and alternator as i kept coming out to it and finding it had a flat battery, usual 740 clock and dial problems fuel gauge and spedo dont work says 86k miles on it but doesnt work so not tru miliage, tyres are old that are on the original wheels,needs a back box as its got a blow has had new front pipe though thats why its been advertised as spares or repairs unfortunalty i dont have the time to put this old girl back on the road as other projects are taking over but think its too good to scrap.

am open to offers as ide rather see it go to use than end up getting scraped

car is located in birmingham any questions please ask thanks for looking

dan the man 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dan the man 940 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 10th, 2015, 18:43   #2
volvobusman
busman

Smile Interested

Hi , how much are you thinking of for your car, as I have a 740 and a 940, looking for a spares car but me being me, I would not want to break it, cheers Andy
volvobusman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvobusman For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 11th, 2015, 03:04   #3
dan the man 940

Default price

Hi like I say im open to offers but would be happy with around £300, unfortunately I dont have the time atm to fix it with other projects and family, would be a perfect parts car as its got excellent seats and door cards the engine should have a v cam in plenty to be used , can send more photos if needed

Thanks for the reply dan
Old Mar 11th, 2015, 09:17   #4
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default Don't scrap!

Far too good to scrap, but I don't want a 6th Volvo!

Incidentally, isn't that Jay's yard she's standing in in the later photos?
940 Sport M90 estate, N reg 100k miles, ex Lovejoy.
960 Estate, N reg, 56k miles, blown up and sold.
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rogerthechorister For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 11th, 2015, 09:53   #5
nath240glt
I've Been Banned

Roger, it's is jays yard, we're all mates.
nath240glt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2015, 10:29   #6
dan the man 940

hi roger yea she is too good to scrap but other commitments and family and stuff i just dont have the time to put her back on the road , is a lovely car though ive enjoyed the year driving it and u do get some looks in it

yea hese my cousin we all put to a unit up there

thanks dan
Old Mar 11th, 2015, 16:40   #7
volvobusman
busman

Smile interested

Hi Dan, thanks for getting back to me, hadn't noticed that it is an automatic, shame as mine are manual, as you say too good to scrap, we just rescued a 740 from the scrap yard, after a clean up its a minter, good luck with selling it, thanks again Andy
volvobusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2015, 17:34   #8
dan the man 940

Default parts

Thanks for the interest mate , just out of interest if I was to break it what parts would u be interested in , thanks Dan
Old Mar 13th, 2015, 11:42   #9
mylittletony
Master Member

I could be interested in a few bits if you do scrap it, please let me know

Thanks

Tony
mylittletony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2015, 13:08   #10
Pumes92

Default Interest in your 240

Hi, I'm new to the forum but as you were local I thought I would give it a go! I just wondered if the car was still available and if so are there any pictures of the interior or engine bay I could see as its a 16v manual I'm really after but it looks like a good solid car from your other pics!

Thanks
Pumes92 is offline   Reply With Quote