Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D6 Hybrid

Views : 885

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 5th, 2018, 08:33   #1
V40PR

Default D6 Hybrid

Does anyone here drives this? I am thinking about getting one, but I am reading different reviews and I am a bit confused regarding consumption.
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 09:12   #2
Tober

Default D6 Hybrid

I drive a D5 hybrid V60 if that helps?
Consumption overall shows 67.2 mpg. That’s based on regular short journeys - 16 miles return using largely electric, 60 mile return journey once a week in hybrid mode and maybe once a month a journey of 350 miles plus.
Current range in pure only - say 16 to 18 miles
In summer it’s noticeably better.
Tober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2018, 15:55   #3
bbnsol

I have a 2015 D6 SE Lux Nav. I'm not the ideal driver of this type of car because my daily commute is 25 miles of motorway each way and I'm showing around 39mpg. If I'm careful and I charge it every day at work then I can edge it up to around 45 mpg over a couple of weeks.

I could theoretically get home on electric only but trying to keep up with traffic on the M62 in pure mode is a challenge.

It's got sledgehammer acceleration in Power mode though
bbnsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2018, 08:06   #4
Electronix12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnsol View Post
I have a 2015 D6 SE Lux Nav. I'm not the ideal driver of this type of car because my daily commute is 25 miles of motorway each way and I'm showing around 39mpg. If I'm careful and I charge it every day at work then I can edge it up to around 45 mpg over a couple of weeks.

I could theoretically get home on electric only but trying to keep up with traffic on the M62 in pure mode is a challenge.

It's got sledgehammer acceleration in Power mode though

That’s no better than I get in my D5, no hybrid attached!

In fact I’d argue worse.

Regularly averaging 46-50MPG at motorway speeds with 20% town driving mixed in.
Old Mar 1st, 2018, 09:50   #5
bbnsol

Yes, it's poor. The D6 is a heavy car with all batteries etc.

Like I say, I could push the MPG up if I were inclined to really try but the morning and evening rush usually means I just need to get where I'm going quickly.

I should mention that I got it as a company car for the low BIK really. It was the D6 or a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. I don't regret the choice.
bbnsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2018, 10:17   #6
Tober

But it can be better. Just depends on your driving pattern as with all PHEV's. After a year mine is averaging a little under 70mpg overall. On medium length journeys of 60 to 70 miles round trip I have been fortunate to frequently charge at both ends. That doesn't happen on round trips to London and Glasgow but even then a figure between 45 and 50 mpg is doable. Works for me
Tober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2018, 17:33   #7
postmandick

Default D6

Hi I have had my D6 for about 6 months now and I get 200 - 160 Mpg as I can charge up at work ....

this last week in the snow (it has AWD) I got about 40-50 Mpg ...

select Power mode for the traffic light Grand Prix take off and its great fun watching the boy racers being humbled by the old fart mobile ......

If you can charge up at home and work you'll be laughing .... no tax
postmandick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2018, 16:02   #8
DieselElectric

I do mostly short trips with very occasional longer journeys thrown in and usually charging once per day. The car's reporting about 141mpg over the past year or so.

The current trip's average is an insane 350mpg but I don't expect that to last very long.
DieselElectric is offline   Reply With Quote