Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Green Door

Views : 664

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 28th, 2017, 10:46   #1
Pozzouk

Default Green Door

By chance, does anyone have a metalic green drivers side rear door or similar to suit 99 V70 series - preferably Hants/Sussex or maybe Dorset.......oh the misery of night time hit and runners.....Groan.😠
Old Nov 28th, 2017, 11:14   #2
Luxobarge
Premier Member

I feel your pain - same happened to me a couple of weeks back, front LH wing in my case.

I was up at Lakes Autos in Bedford last week and I seem to recall that they had a dark green metallic V70 up there with doors? They've certainly got several doors that would suit you, it's just a question of checking the colour.

Mind you it's quite a trek from where you are and I doubt they can post something like that, just thought I'd mention it though in case it's useful.
Old Mar 20th, 2018, 12:20   #3
Pozzouk

Thanks Luxobarge,

Eventually got it sorted up at Lakes4Autos, after a desire for a door became desperation for a couple of alloy rims - All due to an argument with a concrete curb in that first "Beast from the East" white out at the beginning of the month.

Thanks again for the advice - It was a real eye opener to anyone after Volvo parts and well worth the 140 mile trip back and forth from Pompey. It's worth pointing out that Barry & Burnard that own the place are slowly but surely clearing the land of the cars as the new owners of the site will not be continuing the yard as it is now - Litterally a Volvo gold mine!

ATB Pozzouk.
Old Mar 21st, 2018, 08:45   #4
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Gees Luxo

You could have said you were going - then you could have picked up that cheque for £125 that Bernie has owed me for 14 months !
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2018, 09:23   #5
Pozzouk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfella666 View Post
Gees Luxo

You could have said you were going!
Sorry Bigfella, perhaps that is why they're in such a hurry to clean out up there!

As it is, for those that didn't spot the deliberate mistake in my post above, their yard/garage is on the map as Lakes4Volvo's.

Pozzouk.
Old Mar 23rd, 2018, 13:48   #6
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Cheers Pozz

Given what I am told from a reliable source what the site is worth unlikely, but I enjoyed scamper !
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2018, 14:34   #7
c70r

How are their prices? Less than that of eBay or just about the same and did they have a nice collection of P1 vehicles? If so might give them a visit since they're only an hour and a half away. Cheers
Old Mar 30th, 2018, 12:33   #8
Pozzouk

Quote:
Originally Posted by c70r View Post
How are their prices? Less than that of eBay or just about the same and did they have a nice collection of P1 vehicles?
Quite a few P1's but I don't know much about ebay prices as when it came to doors and wheels I couldn't find any matches. However, a phone call to 01480 212291 had the guys at Lakes4volvo's check the yard and were really helpful when we went up - A door and a couple of rims for £100 were well worth the trip up from Pompey and matching colour! T-cut & job done!!! But don't tell Barry

Also, there is a good McDonalds on the other side of the carriageway heading back south just yards away but over the intersection flyover.

BOL Pozzouk