Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1992 940 Estate for sale

Views : 1433

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 23rd, 2012, 18:39   #1
Bugs

Default 1992 940 Estate for sale

Manual 2.3 16v injection
White with black leather upholstery, body & mechanics in good condition. MOT till June. Taxed till end January 2013. Dog guard.

I've had for 10 years and it has been very reliable, but it now has an intermittent fault. I am going along quite happily and the engine continues to run but car loses power. The car has been checked by a local garage who are unable to find the cause.

I have been offered £175 recycling value, offers over this amount accepted.

Oxford area

email helen.newman.fcr AT gmail DOTcom or hmnewman@brookes DOT ac DOT uk

Last edited by cumbrianmale; Dec 24th, 2012 at 02:04. Reason: forgot my email address
Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bugs For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 23rd, 2012, 19:51   #2
czech240
Master Member

Default Rare car.....

Thats a rare car you have there.....I'd snap your hand off at that price!....Great color/interior combo and the 16V engine.... I'd ask a bit more if I were you!

www.rideczech.com
czech240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 01:12   #3
rippedoffagain
Premier Member

How come the cars I want to buy always come up for sale when the timing doesn't work for me

Had it not been christmas, the one time of year when I'm certain to be flat broke, I'd have been on my way to Oxfordshire by now.

Are you determined to get rid, or if you thought you could fix it cheaply would you?

There are a few common causes for 940's intermittent lose of power. Is it total loss of power without warning, or just that the engine runs rough? Is the warning light on on the dash?
rippedoffagain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rippedoffagain For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 01:48   #4
minesa240x3
loyalty

Brian is on the case Well I couldn't possibly miss out on an offer so close to home,,Could I?
Email sent and awaiting a reply.
Regards Brian.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 17:42   #5
minesa240x3
loyalty

Looks like I got pipped at the post with this one!
Ah well you can't have em all I suppose.
Good luck to whoever got there first.
Regards Brian.
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 18:46   #6
Bugs

No, I don't really want to get rid of it, but I regularly use the garage I took it to and they didn't know what was wrong with it. I wouldn't have a clue how to fix it. I'm sad that it has to go, and I hope it finds a good home where someone can keep it running.
Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bugs For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 18:57   #7
minesa240x3
loyalty

I got your email a short while ago and yes I still want to come see the car.Just let me know when and where.It will only take me twenty minutes to get there.I'm off work all next week as well.
Thanks Brian.
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 16:44   #8
minesa240x3
loyalty

Well I went to see the 940 today and was pleasantly suprised to see a rather straight and clean car.
I wanted the car but my boss where it would have been kept says otherwise.So instead of it now being mine it's up for sale again.
It really is a nice clean car and is worth the asking price easy.It has 6months mot it has the four speed manual box with push button overdrive.It even has the original 940 rear tailgate spoiler.It has four alloy wheels with good tyres.The black leather seats are clean and soft and very comfortable.It has the seven seat conversion as well.There is a dog guard which just needs fitting back up.It has a roll blind in the boot.

It started very well as it had been standing.I'm sure it wouldn't take much to sort out the sudden cutting out buisness.
Possible fault,
Ignition amplifier.
Fuel pump or relay,
Crank position sensor.
Air mass meter was changed a while back but could still be the fault?

It has had a new instrument cluster fitted some time ago as it developed a fault.A second hand one but fully functioning.It does have a turbo gauge in it but obviuosely no turbo fitted.The old cluster is available too.

To say I'm gutted is an understatement.My boss seems to think any more than four cars is to many.I had to get rid of several a while back due to this.

Someone will be getting a real bargain with this but it cannot stay where it is for to long.It is in a secure parking area and needs to be gone.The owners really want it saved rather than scrap it and I can see why.Fantastic people who care.The new owner is looking for a more modern volvo after ten years of owning this one.

Regards Brian.

EDIT,Just had a thought if anyone wants more info then pm me and I can try and answer any queries.

Last edited by minesa240x3; Dec 31st, 2012 at 16:55. Reason: 294v
The Following User Says Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 17:01   #9
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

Hi Brian,why don't you buy your boss out? Then park as many as u want HaHa, All The Best, Tommy.
mrmeringo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrmeringo For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 17:47   #10
minesa240x3
loyalty

If it wasn't for my boss dictating how many I can have the fields would be full of them easily.A whole herd of swedish beef.

This pictures taken before I had the big clearout forced upon me two others were parked elsewhere making seven in total.I now only have four.
Regards Brian.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ALIM2559res1.jpg (275.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg ALIM2569res5.jpg (304.0 KB, 21 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post: