Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Load Area Rubber Mat.

Views : 1738

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 21st, 2010, 11:12   #1
Daleman
Master Member

Default XC60 Load Area Rubber Mat.

XC60 Load Area Rubber Mat. Any advice on who make the best value ones of these ?

I do not want one with high sides as I like to be able to drop the seats and still get a full length box item in.

Exact fit would seem to be best but if a self cut one fits well that might be the best way to go?

Any forum member’s advice would be helpful thanks.
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 11:46   #2
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleman View Post
XC60 Load Area Rubber Mat. Any advice on who make the best value ones of these ?

I do not want one with high sides as I like to be able to drop the seats and still get a full length box item in.

Exact fit would seem to be best but if a self cut one fits well that might be the best way to go?

I bought the official Volvo 'Complete Dirt Protector' (http://www.volvocars.com/uk/all-cars...4-874b330fb9f0) for around £100 as it protects the sides, the back of the seats and when the seats are folded down it protects the enire load area.

It may not as hard as a rubber mat, but I haven't manage to split it yet and I have had BBQs, fridges washing machines and hay bales in my car

When it is not in use I leave it connected to the back of the seats and roll it up at the back - very handy and I can recommend it.
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wimorrison For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 12:31   #3
Brodick
Master Member

I have that too.

I have to say it is the best boot protector I have had in a long time.
So useful and so handy
Brodick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brodick For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 13:26   #4
Teejay1
Master Member

I have two the small rubber one: http://vccs.volvocars.se/Accessories...ent/VCC-419520
Fits fine, onfirst glance looks a little flimsy but the rubber side does stop items from moving.

Got this free as I had specified the one below, and had to wait, and the full length reversible not used this a great deal, it won't give the same level of protecion as the full metal jacket affair the other chaps have, but its comfy to sit on the back of the car.
http://vccs.volvocars.se/Accessories...ent/VCC-419519
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teejay1 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 14:19   #5
Jack_of_all

i have a cannon boot mat mat... it is generic and has lines on it to cut to shape and help in keeping it symetrical.
i think i paid about £30 for it 4 years ago, and certainly maintained the boot carpet as good as new in this time.

i had it in my old Grand Cherokee (sorry for swearing) and it is exactly the same shape as the XC60, so was great to just transfer across.

you can cut to fit perfectly and nice and heavy duty. had loads of spills and has really taken a hammering so is up to the job.
Jack_of_all is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack_of_all For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 15:10   #6
rkennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleman View Post

Official Volvo one is over £100 - too expensive - so I looked for alternatives. I bought one recently from Bootliners (http://www.bootsliners.co.uk/VOLVO-X...OOT-LINER.html), around £36 including postage. Ordered one day, received the next - excellent service. The fit is good, even has preformed area cutouts for the load retaining clips.
Not as thick a material as the Volvo one but good enough for my purposes. As the liner arrives rolled up you may have to put a heavy weight (I used garden lawn fertiliser!) to iron out the creases but after a few days everything fitted beautifully.
rkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rkennedy For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 19:12   #7
stephenbelcher

I Have this one:

http://www.towequipe.co.uk/products/...60-suv-08.html

Does the job for me.

Stephen
stephenbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stephenbelcher For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 19:54   #8
HairyMonster

I've got the Volvo reversible plastic /textile mat the plastic side is a bit slippery depending what you're carrying.
but after seeing the towequipe rubber mat..I want one £33.09 delivered
HairyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 22:52   #9
rkennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenbelcher View Post
I Have this one:

http://www.towequipe.co.uk/products/...60-suv-08.html

Does the job for me.

Stephen
This is exactly the same as the one I purchased from Bootliners (at least the photo is!). Looks like I paid over the odds
rkennedy is offline   Reply With Quote