Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Some Vida scroll bars missing

Views : 299

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 21st, 2019, 22:33   #1
100K+
Premier Member

Default Some Vida scroll bars missing

I'm running Vida 2014D on a 32bit Win 7 computer. In 80% of VIDA I have the use of scroll bars to page down through information. However, when using "Vehicle Communication" and try to read the description tab of any associated Module Tab shown in the Car icon on the LHS of the screen, all I can see is the first page. No scroll bar on RHS. Sometimes its not needed, sometimes reducing the font resolution works - But have been using VIDA a lot recently and its been bugging me - a lot

All other functionality of VIDA /DICE appears to work with out issue.
Anyone know a solution ?

Cheers

Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2019, 11:39   #2
cheshired5
Premier Member

They all seem to have the same issue.

My workaround is to click on a word within the text then click and hold whilst moving the mouse down as if you're selecting words to copy and paste.
This then allows scrolling further down the page whilst maintaining a readable % resolution.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cheshired5 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 22nd, 2019, 12:14   #3
100K+
Premier Member

Cheers Simon,

I've been trying something similar, but it ain't been working. I'm no computer wiz, but I know a click here or key stroke there DOES make differences.

I'll follow your advice.

My research suggested a corrupt/missing *.dll file, was the cause in windows generally, but warned against meddling.

Now I know it affects everyone makes it easier to stomach.

Again thanks

Cheers
Bob
The Following User Says Thank You to 100K+ For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 19:49   #4
100K+
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
They all seem to have the same issue.

My workaround is to click on a word within the text then click and hold whilst moving the mouse down as if you're selecting words to copy and paste.
This then allows scrolling further down the page whilst maintaining a readable % resolution.
Thanks Simon, followed your advice yesterday, but on my VIDA clicking a word, them clicking and moving the mouse down don't work - I just get a "no waiting" sign.

However revisiting the problem today I discovered if I single click near a line, and keep holding the mouse button down, while moving the mouse pointer down and out of the window, the text initially turns blue and as the mouse pointer is out of the window, the text scrolls down.

I suspect this is what you meant, and anyone who is familiar with windows/computers would understand that. My comment is for the users who like me shudder when they use a computer, and constantly expect the thing to go wrong.

Once again thanks for the advice - much appreciated.

Cheers
Bob
The Following User Says Thank You to 100K+ For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 20:15   #5
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100K+ View Post
However revisiting the problem today I discovered if I single click near a line, and keep holding the mouse button down, while moving the mouse pointer down and out of the window, the text initially turns blue and as the mouse pointer is out of the window, the text scrolls down.

I suspect this is what you meant
Yes that's what I meant and the main thing is that now you know too.
It doesn't matter how we get there so long as we get there.
Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 20:59   #6
davebb
Premier Member

try changing the display resolution,
Dave
davebb is offline   Reply With Quote