Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Enthusiasts are invited to attend ...10.12.06 (title edited by request)

Views : 4286

Replies : 65

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 15th, 2006, 08:05   #61
Alec Dawe
Former Support Team

Default Moustery Car

Ok Chaps and chappesses.
Who was I following down the M42 last Sunday evening at about 17.30? Must have come from the meet, silver (I think under the lamps) metallic, V70 with a prancing moose sticker on the back, registration number V70 something!!!

I hate the M42!!
Mine was the dawn blue S40 ditto prancing moose sticker. Was on the way to Malvern, to work in Worcestershire for the week... traffic during the week was awful, is the A449 always like this?
Old Dec 17th, 2006, 12:26   #62
philv70

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonb123 View Post
Aah, yes I know Broad St too. There seem to be quite a lot of Volvoclub members in Coventry we'll have to meet up at some point.

Regards

Ben
Sounds good to me
philv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2006, 00:22   #63
jacksonb123

Default Picture from Cov meet.

We'll sort it out in the new year Phil. I've just picked up a 23 year old 760 Turbo which promises to be good fun. It first hit the road when I was 10 years old !!

I've attached a photo of Andys red 240 known as Tulip making my white one look very boring :-)

Ben
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v3.jpg (331.3 KB, 10 views)
jacksonb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2006, 01:16   #64
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

That must be one of the first ones! There are a coupleof interesting features of those cars....one being the B23ET with a fully forged bottom end (500+hp on a stock bottom end?), and the other being some interior oddities. Personally, I just love the way they look.

cheers

James
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2006, 22:25   #65
jacksonb123

You're right Foggy, I had been after a 700 for a while & had a brief chat with v6man in Coventry the other weekend & he told me the same thing, b23, with a few different cosmetic features to the later models. I just like the way they look & was after something a bit sportier out of the box than my 240.

I think 500hp may be a bit much for me, I've got to cart the kidz round in this too, but a bit more performance wouldn't be frowned at in the future :-) It's fast enough for me as it is for the time being tho. I think I'll get to know it for a while & then see what needs upgrading & look into replacing things like springs/shocks first.

Are you the guy who's got a rather quick 360 ? If so I think i've read a bit of material on the web/forum about your car which is inspiring stuff & also about you working on some of the other 740 turbos on the board. Sounds like you know your way round these Volvos.

I've attached a snap of my 760 taken this evening, I couldn't resist it when I went to the cashpoint in Coventry town center. The banks in the background are two buildings that the Germans bombers missed in 1940, a rare sight in Cov centre, ditto a Volvo 760 turbo.

Regards

Ben
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 760_coventry_broadgate.jpg (266.3 KB, 8 views)
jacksonb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2006, 22:48   #66
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

Hi Ben,

Good call on getting to 'know' the car first. You can often get a better feel for what needs doing (or at least which characteristics of the car you want to change) thay way.

Haha, that's very flattering, thanks! My 360 is a bit quicker than stock, and can just about outrun most non-'sports' diesels. Even pretty mundane cars have got a lot faster in recent years, and it takes some doing to keep up with some of them! More is on the way from the 360, but I haven't really touched it since August...it's out of T&T now, and awaiting my nice warm garage...once said garage is mine!

cheers

James
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote