Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C30 killing battery

Views : 546

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 10th, 2024, 13:57   #1
Damoh89

Default C30 killing battery

Afternoon guys so c30 1.6d 109hp has been laying up since Christmas due to injury,was regularly started weekly and driven up and down cul de sac to keep things free,battery slowly died wouldn’t take jump starter pack or jump start off a car,or hold charge off slow 48hr charge,

Anyways I just put brand new battery in perfect started first tip of key came out this morning dead as a dodo not even dash lights started with jump pack no problem did my running about came back and I disconnect battery so don’t destroy brand new battery

Anyone any idea what I can check I’m thinking check clean all earth point as a first?and go from there?
Damoh89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 17:07   #2
Simmy
Premier Member

check the light switch position. has it been left in the sidelight position. it should be left in the off position or on position both turn ever thing off when key is removed check for any interior lights that may have been left on and any other things like glove box and boot light. a scan with vida may show any possible short circuits
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 17:17   #3
Damoh89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
check the light switch position. has it been left in the sidelight position. it should be left in the off position or on position both turn ever thing off when key is removed check for any interior lights that may have been left on and any other things like glove box and boot light. a scan with vida may show any possible short circuits
Funny you say that was my first thing to check this morning as far could see all obvious things were shut off lights wipers radios heater must look at glove box and boot light tho

Il try get it scanned only thing on display is alarm service required where I jump started it today and alarm went off?
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 19:36   #4
Simmy
Premier Member

a failed alarm module is a possibility for a short. try disconnecting it to eliminate it although message will remain.
Old Apr 11th, 2024, 12:25   #5
Damoh89

Well think I got to bottom of it always the east un seen solution!passangers side front map reading light was on when I got back in to it yesturday afternoon,started up fine in afternoon and again this morning so hopefully that,how ever it does have alarm service anti skid service and reduced performance on dash display,so popped to family friend mechanic he will scan it and see for sure but in mean time I should but Vida anyways it will be handy as she wants xc60 or xc40 next
Old Apr 11th, 2024, 15:51   #6
Damoh89

Just got car back there all good on read outs and live data just code for turbo pressure he had look lower boost hose burst right beside alternator,139€for genuine Volvo hose be few days he said to me seemed good price to me
The Following User Says Thank You to Damoh89 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 17th, 2024, 20:39   #7
Damoh89

Quote:
a failed alarm module is a possibility for a short. try disconnecting it to eliminate it although message will remain.
2days again brand new battery is falt not even a dash light off it,do you think alarm module might be issue?no lights no codes on dash other than what came up last time low boot(burst intercooler hose waiting Volvo part) and alarm service required?

Is it in passangers side wheel arch?
Old Apr 17th, 2024, 21:02   #8
Simmy
Premier Member

alarm siren is in the scuttle under the wipers
Old Apr 17th, 2024, 21:08   #9
Damoh89

Quote:
alarm siren is in the scuttle under the wipers
Worth checking that then first un plug and see before I get meter out and some help and go fuse relay pulling
Old Apr 18th, 2024, 00:18   #10
Simmy
Premier Member

dont just go pulling fuses or relays you will endup with a long list of fault codes. follow one of the parasitic drain test procedures there are some easy to follow ones on youtube check for any lights that are possibly on glove box boot ect.but if you have alarm failiure this is the most likely