Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

97 v90

Views : 1236

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 18:43   #11
Estate87

I will think about replacing it but it also needs both lambda sensors as they were cut too.

My thoughts were that I'll reduce the price accordingly and see what happens. If it seems like no one wants to bite then I'll look at replacing it.

Cheers
Estate87 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estate87 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 18:49   #12
volvo always
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estate87 View Post
I will think about replacing it but it also needs both lambda sensors as they were cut too.

My thoughts were that I'll reduce the price accordingly and see what happens. If it seems like no one wants to bite then I'll look at replacing it.

Cheers
From about £25 for an Intermotor one, £80 Bosch. I can see your reluctance in fitting a new cat etc as unfortunately these scum will be back to nick it again. As know the location! The original genuine cats were more desirable, as newer cats have less precious metals.

James

Last edited by volvo always; Feb 22nd, 2021 at 18:51.
volvo always is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 19:34   #13
Estate87

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo always View Post
From about £25 for an Intermotor one, £80 Bosch. I can see your reluctance in fitting a new cat etc as unfortunately these scum will be back to nick it again. As know the location! The original genuine cats were more desirable, as newer cats have less precious metals.

James
Well believe it or not as far as I am aware it had the original cat fitted to it so I'm not surprised it was targeted. Absolute arseholes.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to Estate87 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 19:35   #14
taiwan740

Yeah definitely will sell. am tempted myself to be honest, but I already have a 960 sitting outside, just needs about 2 days of solid labour and a valid MOT and it'll be fine!
taiwan740 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taiwan740 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 22:19   #15
Forrest
VOC Member

I’m also extremely tempted. If it wasn’t for lockdown I’d have probably been in touch by now. However, the current situation has given me time to get my broken 940 running again and technically precludes making a two hour journey to view a potential fourth Volvo.

Still very tempted.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 13th, 2021, 09:31   #16
Estate87

Car is now sold.

Cheers