Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Windscreen: Water ingress on x70/80 P3 models 2007 on

Views : 279929

Replies : 109

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 18th, 2020, 21:01   #51
Benhur22

Hi there.

I bought my xc70 57 plate month ago. Unfortunately 2 weeks ago my volvo experienced leak from front screen. Due that my heater panel is naked. From driver side vents constantly blows hot air and seat heating and ventilation is dead. Some buttons for auxiliarys also are out of order. I fixed screen immediately but what I should do with destroyed elocteonic panel? I dried properly it but still shows same problem. Should I speak with Volvo dealer and demand fix it for free?

Last edited by Benhur22; Oct 18th, 2020 at 22:24.
Benhur22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2020, 10:01   #52
macaulays

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc70awdd5 View Post
Was this a local Perth based dealer 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Morning XC70, yes the first response was from Perth-based dealer, second from Volvo UK by email - the latter much more appealling!
macaulays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2020, 15:53   #53
Codlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaulays View Post
Afternoon All,

Just another experience to add to the thread, I acquired a 2008 V70 in September last year and on first weekend after purchasing (heavy rain, pointing downhill etc) ended up with 3" of water in the front foot well and sloshing in the B pillar. Dealer inspected, confirmed windscreen seal the issue but advised that they had used an electronic calculator (?) supplied by Volvo that stated no goodwill contribution and that the dealer wouldn't have carried out the work anyway and referred me to look for a local company who could carry out the repair at my cost. Not very helpful but not particularly surprising given age of vehicle (11 years, 160k miles) and it had been off dealer network since a few years old. I contacted Volvo CS directly and was immediately told they would cover the cost in full of the repair at a local repairer of my choice! No arm twisting or wrangling at all, they promptly reimbursed me by bank transfer within a few days of getting the work done locally at a windscreen shop to have screen removed and resealed. Very happy with the result and credit to Volvo centrally for being so swift and helpful in resolving, far better than I expected. So moral seems to be that Volvo direct are far more likely to assist than dealers!
Following the success of this approach I contacted Volvo directly. Had the car (V70, 2009) inspected by Volvo in Chippenham. They identified a few very small chips, and cautioned that the windscreen might break if taken out. Went back to Volvo who offered to pay for the windscreen to be rebonded but I would be liable if the screen broke during the process. Bit of a gamble if you ask me, and quite outrageous. Took it up with my insurance company (LV) and Autoglass are outside the house now fitting a new windscreen for the cost of the £95 excess. Full marks to LV/Autoglass, 0 to Volvo.
Codlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 19:09   #54
Brucat

Hi all
Purchased 2008 XC70 p3 approx 3 weeks ago. Noticed dried drip marks on inside of screen & after a plethora of warning lights came on after the latest rain deluge over the weekend, hence the the V’s nickname is Scotty as in ‘beam me up!’.
Anyways put a hose on the roof & sure enough drips came down on the interior of the screen. I then went to that area & applied finger pressure & sure enough the screen lifted a few mm indicating a lack of bond to the frame.
I phoned Volvo customer services UK & they unequivocally supported my findings & said as long as confirmed by dealer as original screen they would pay for removal & rebond. The risk is if the screen breaks it would be down to the customer (circa 400). Unfortunately none of this benefits me as I picked up a crack in the screen but I thought I owed it to you guys to confirm after the excellent advice I’ve read on this forum. I’m hoping the cem’s dry out once the new screen is in & that’s the end of it. I would also like to add a big well done to Volvo UK.
Brucat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2021, 13:16   #55
SAABORVOLVO

Default 2011 s80 windcreen leaking

Hi,2011 s80 d3,83k,bought 16/12/20.original volvo screen.
I have the same problem leaking drivers side(no sunroof).
What is the first thing you do when looking/viewing a car for sale,make sure you look at it in the dry!
Anyway,its going for a new aux belt and tensioner on wednesday at volvo as the block needs drilling and tapping to install the new type tensioner,they say my car mine is not on their list for recall. so £350 gone like that.
But thanks for giving some hope for the screen issue i going to see what they say.
If by any chance on the belt issue has anyone had the same type non recall car fixed FOC (OLD TYPE HYDRAULIC)
Thanks
SAABORVOLVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2021, 16:20   #56
Brucat

Default Tensioner recall

Hi mate
You may want to repost this in the general section with a change of title to mention the tensioner recall to reach your audience. Sorry I’m not aware of the answer.
Old Feb 14th, 2021, 16:36   #57
Brucat

Apologies
I can see you’re all over this in a later post.
Old May 5th, 2021, 20:49   #58
Stormchaser

Thumbs up

2010 XC70 with some 125k miles on the clock, owned for about a month and was found to be letting water in around the top of the windscreen. FSH.
Volvo UK contacted by email. Was told it would be FOC to rebond if this was confirmed to be the problem, and directed me to go to a dealer for further assistance.
Staff at the dealer agreed the bonding at the top of the screen, or the lack of it, was the problem and once Volvo UK agreed the work it was all booked in. Work completed yesterday.
No more drips down the inside of the screen and the interior light stopped pretending to be a water feature.
Thanks to Holden Volvo, Norwich on this occasion.
Stormchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2021, 20:09   #59
Priory

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCNetwork View Post
Hi,

This topic is to log users who have issues with the above fault where the screen and bond are not correctly adhered to the vehicle bodywork

Please see the reference topic on water ingress Here.

So if you have had or are having these issues please post model, year, when acquired, servicing, and whether VCUK has been approached for recompense and what that outcome was.

Des. . .
My 1st one was a 2011 xc70 D5 SE lux screen failed and flooded the car in 2018, luckily no damage, Volvo UK accepted the fault and arranged it to be removed and rebonded.
2nd one 2013 XC70 D5 SE Lux again flooded 2021 but this time it frazzled the climate control module resulting in a £1400 bill, I got a new windscreen because the original had a nasty chip so I paid for the screen, Volvo UK covered the cost of the module repair but I was without car for 3 weeks drying out, I still have the car but it really has put me off Volvo for my next car.
Priory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2021, 18:40   #60
radio2711

Hi All,

Just got a 2009 XC70 D5 AWD last week. Live on East London / Essex border where we had a huge downpour last night and woke to my interior front light dripping. It has dripped onto the climate controls and the rear heater is now permanently on and the fans blow at full speed constantly even when car is off!!

Fortunately, it has the original screen.

Read this post and pushed the top of the screen from inside and guess what it moves considerably.

Those that contacted Volvo who replied to take to dealer and all will be covered if original screen and bonding issue, did the ones that are successful email or call?

Glad I found this thread, hopefully I can get it sorted, just worried about the climate electrical gremlins that have now occurred.
radio2711 is offline   Reply With Quote