Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Would you buy another Volvo?

Views : 165797

Replies : 612

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Would you buy another Volvo?
Definitely yes 577 54.18%
Likely yes 329 30.89%
Probably no 113 10.61%
No way Nellie 46 4.32%
Voters: 1065. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 11th, 2020, 22:31   #531
Dulcise

Not on current evidence...parts and servicing costs are too expensive for starters and I think that there are better value cars with more standard features.
Dulcise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2020, 15:05   #532
MROffroad

I plan to Buy a S60R 2.5 when my business takes off. Adding to party trick
Of 4ft flames on over run and launch control. My treat for working hard.
MROffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2020, 15:53   #533
camturbo

Most definitely not,dont get me wrong the volvo is a pleasant place to be but the parts and maintenance costs are silly money unless you can get trade. I needed an estate for my carp fishing so got v70d5. Engine sounds pukka on full chat but think I will search else where for my next car.
Old Sep 15th, 2020, 20:40   #534
Wilfsoft
New Volvo

Unhappy Recharge Disappointment

I like the Volvo brand, this one an XC60 T8 Recharge Hybrid, is my fourth. Sadly the PHEV has only a single rate 3.7kW charger and it takes 3 to 4 hours to charge. Whilst that is ok overnight at home, it makes the recharging option impossible on a cross country run - a 3 hour lunch break!!

Given the chance again I think that I would give more thought to the Land Rover Discovery Sport PHEV. A frugal 3 cylinder engine, 15kW battery and a multi-rate charger.

Sorry Volvo, the future is Electric, but perhaps not Volvo!

Last edited by Wilfsoft; Sep 15th, 2020 at 20:46.
Wilfsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2020, 06:11   #535
Topcat1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcise View Post
Not on current evidence...parts and servicing costs are too expensive for starters and I think that there are better value cars with more standard features.
I would be interested to know which other manufacturers offer better value.
Having examined the market for over two months, trying several other makes. I still came back to Volvo.
I also find services and parts to be reasonable for genuine parts. Granted I do get a small discounts, as I am considered a loyal customer by my local dealer.
Topcat1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 10:20   #536
wassap

Love my XC60 R design 2016. Its a company car and its been the best car ive had. I would have liked another but list prices are too high so its not good value as a company car anymore and options seem to be more expensive than when i had my car. I'd have happily had a V60 or XC40 hybrid for a few years. But ive regretabbly had to move back to a BMW.
wassap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 12:15   #537
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Unfortunately no they don't do a big enough vehicle to get my Velomobile into
My Son has my XC60 now.
Old Nov 24th, 2020, 20:38   #538
Baxlin
Old Rocker

Earlier in the thread I posted ‘definitely not’, because of the huge repair bills I’d been having - turbo, def, EGR valve and some - but it’s been fine now for a couple of years or so, and I love driving it.

However, the jury’s still out on whether I’d have another, but the combination of the folding hardtop convertible, and having 4 fully usable seats means that for me, now, this is close to being my ideal car. A pity they don’t make them any more!
Old May 4th, 2021, 16:52   #539
Baxlin
Old Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxlin View Post
Earlier in the thread I posted ‘definitely not’, because of the huge repair bills I’d been having - turbo, def, EGR valve and some - but it’s been fine now for a couple of years or so, and I love driving it.

However, the jury’s still out on whether I’d have another, but the combination of the folding hardtop convertible, and having 4 fully usable seats means that for me, now, this is close to being my ideal car. A pity they don’t make them any more!
Update; as you can see from my sig below, it’s now sold. One of the roof sensors failed (again, it had happened before I took delivery!), and in another more recent thread, I described it as like driving a clown car. So enough was enough.

My answer has therefore reverted to ‘definitely not’.

Apologies to all you Volvo enthusiasts.
Old May 6th, 2021, 16:34   #540
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxlin View Post

4 usable seats? You are kidding. Whoever sat in the back must have had very short legs, or the driver/passenger pulled their seat forward to give more room to those in the rear. I wouldn’t class the rear seats as “usable” in a C70, as a child would struggle with leg room, never mind an adult.