Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

CEM related issues: My diary of ongoing findings...

Views : 18779

Replies : 72

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 3rd, 2020, 16:34   #21
Crazybob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
This problem is well known now for the last 10+ years it needs new female wiring terminals on the 6 network wires which go into the CEM plugs they loose their grip on the male pins . Volvo sell them already crimped on to a piece of wire you solder in after cutting the old one off,
Hi Clan,

I can't pm you as I need 30 posts 🙄, so trying again on this thread.

So far, I have contacted both of my local dealers about acquiring the 6 CAN Network replacement connectors, both have absolutely zero idea what I'm on about, they want either a part number, or my car for a potentially expensive wiring diagram reading to locate them and their part numbers. Do you have a part number or know of a more experienced dealership I can contact, it is highly frustrating that a perfectly functional car is disabled by such a simple thing and Volvo so far appear clueless, or worse still they're after a vast labour bill for a cheap and easy fix.

Regards

Robert
Crazybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2020, 17:39   #22
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
Hi Clan,

I can't pm you as I need 30 posts 🙄, so trying again on this thread.

So far, I have contacted both of my local dealers about acquiring the 6 CAN Network replacement connectors, both have absolutely zero idea what I'm on about, they want either a part number, or my car for a potentially expensive wiring diagram reading to locate them and their part numbers. Do you have a part number or know of a more experienced dealership I can contact, it is highly frustrating that a perfectly functional car is disabled by such a simple thing and Volvo so far appear clueless, or worse still they're after a vast labour bill for a cheap and easy fix.

Regards

Robert
That is ridiculous , Is there nobody there with any experience of volvos? All I can suggest is you try another dealer or complain strongly . but that wont help if they have no knowledge ..
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 08:00   #23
Crazybob

Quote:
That is ridiculous , Is there nobody there with any experience of volvos? All I can suggest is you try another dealer or complain strongly . but that wont help if they have no knowledge ..
Hi Clan,

Cheers, I thought so too, I tried both Ipswich, Colchester and Newcastle (supposed to be part of the largest UK dealer). Newcastle was the closest, but still didn't come up trumps, they still want to get the cor on the clock to go through the wiring diagram, If you have an exact description or a part number that i can use, then that would be really handy, or if you know a dealership that I can phone that might know what I need, I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 17:03   #24
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Hi Clan,

Cheers, I thought so too, I tried both Ipswich, Colchester and Newcastle (supposed to be part of the largest UK dealer). Newcastle was the closest, but still didn't come up trumps, they still want to get the cor on the clock to go through the wiring diagram, If you have an exact description or a part number that i can use, then that would be really handy, or if you know a dealership that I can phone that might know what I need, I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers
PN 30656678 I would get 6 always handy for the small CEM multipugs ...

Did you know Ipswich was the home of Volvo Concessionaires? That big car park abandoned on Raeburn Road . Visited many times , Tolly Cobalt rules :-)
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 17:12   #25
Markos01

Might help in some way:

https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/p.../30656678.html
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 13:38   #26
Crazybob

Quote:

Did you know Ipswich was the home of Volvo Concessionaires? That big car park abandoned on Raeburn Road . Visited many times , Tolly Cobalt rules :-)
Thank you, you are a star. I vaguely remember something, I've been here 20years and I remember seeing a lot of cars when crossing the Orwell bridge, but I was unaware they were Volvo's, they store timber shipments there now I think
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 13:40   #27
Crazybob

Quote:

Oooo quick thought, would I be able to trace which wires using a Haynes manual if I got one? Cheers
Old Nov 20th, 2020, 13:58   #28
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Thank you, you are a star. I vaguely remember something, I've been here 20years and I remember seeing a lot of cars when crossing the Orwell bridge, but I was unaware they were Volvo's, they store timber shipments there now I think
Volvo left Ipswich well before then ... their audio repair people are still there at 188 spring road ! although their ties with volvo went 20 years ago , but they still know their stuff

I very much doubt if Haynes go into that amount of detail ..
Old Nov 24th, 2020, 09:43   #29
Crazybob

Quote:
Volvo left Ipswich well before then ... their audio repair people are still there at 188 spring road ! although their ties with volvo went 20 years ago , but they still know their stuff

I very much doubt if Haynes go into that amount of detail ..
Oh damn, just when I thought it was all downhill from here, any sources I can investigate to locate the wires I have to replace.

Cheers 👍
Old Dec 7th, 2020, 17:03   #30
Crazybob

Hi Clan.

Thank you for the information, parts acquired, replaced the com terminals in the green and brown plugs, left the 2 in the blue plugs. A quick drive and I'm still getting a warning light, it is "power system service urgent" with the red hazard triangle and a battery light, I also have a squeaky fan belt, surely that's not my alternator or battery though as I'm noticing that cruise control is disabling itself a little bit later after the warning comes up, also when I turn the ignition off and back on, that warning has gone. I will be replacing the 2 terminals in the blue plug, though I don't hold my Hope's up lol. Many thanks for your assistance so far it has been invaluable 👍

Tags
s40 cem fault, v50 cem fault, volvo faulty cem