Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 recharge battery mileage

Views : 6851

Replies : 55

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 12th, 2022, 10:44   #51
Howie1880

I think the fuel heater makes a big difference, I am certainly the same as Griffin447, getting about 16-18 miles on a full charge in cold (0-4C) which according to my wall charger is about 9.8-10.4 kw. As mentioned we can't tell in the Volvo app as there is bugger all info in there for the Google based cars!

If you do a preheat with the car plugged in you do see slightly better range as it gets the cabin up to temp before setting off but it's still using the heater as you drive along. In warm temps I see 24 in pure and 21 in hybrid.
Howie1880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 10:53   #52
soupytwister
Master Member

It's really quite poor the "google" cars seem to have lost so many features such as the the useful functionality in the volvo app and multi-coloured theatre lights - what else?!

I could see *perhaps* if it was early days, but the Google system has been in the Production XC60 for a year, more in trials? Should have had the basics sorted by now?
Prev : MY17 XC90 D5 R-Design
Prev : MY05 XC90 D5 Mk1, Grey
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to soupytwister For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 10:54   #53
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupytwister View Post
Yes, it does have the fuel heater, and it certainly kicks in for pre-heat, but I am never sure if it is in use while driving it (I don't know).
If you are driving along, using battery only and the car is being kept warm then the only way this is happening is from burning fuel. There is no waste heat available from the electric drivetrain.

There is a setting buried in sensus which allows you to turn off the petrol heater when running in pure. This will of course make the car cold inside.....
- MY17 V60 T4 Power Blue.
Previously:- 1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 10:56   #54
soupytwister
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
If you are driving along, using battery only and the car is being kept warm then the only way this is happening is from burning fuel. There is no waste heat available from the electric drivetrain.

There is a setting buried in sensus which allows you to turn off the petrol heater when running in pure. This will of course make the car cold inside.....
Thanks. I probably knew it did this, but probably hadn't thought it through enough. It just works seamlessly, quietly, and well.
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 11:09   #55
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupytwister View Post
It's really quite poor the "google" cars seem to have lost so many features such as the the useful functionality in the volvo app and multi-coloured theatre lights - what else?!

I could see *perhaps* if it was early days, but the Google system has been in the Production XC60 for a year, more in trials? Should have had the basics sorted by now?
It's not been a year yet - the Google system was introduced for MY22 so in Production from June-ish last year.

I agree that it's poor. I suspect what's happened is that Volvo's software development was delayed but the car itself couldn't be delayed so Volvo had to ship the software 'as-is/was' and implement missing features with updates.
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 11:19   #56
soupytwister
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
It's not been a year yet - the Google system was introduced for MY22 so in Production from June-ish last year.

I agree that it's poor. I suspect what's happened is that Volvo's software development was delayed but the car itself couldn't be delayed so Volvo had to ship the software 'as-is/was' and implement missing features with updates.
Google has been in the Polestar for much longer than a year, so Volvo have been delivering production models on the Google platform for a while. Maybe the Polestar app can't even do journey tracking properly yet. Not sure.

Software is the downfall of all product delivery now. Just because it can be updated at a later date easily, shouldn't be seen as an excuse to deliver products with missing features. Poor planning

Last edited by soupytwister; Jan 12th, 2022 at 11:21.
The Following User Says Thank You to soupytwister For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, economy, hybrid, recharge, xc60