Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

About to buy a Used Volvo XC90.

Views : 609

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 15th, 2018, 15:11   #1
vsehgal

Default About to buy a Used Volvo XC90.

Hi,

I have just agreed to buy a used Volvo XC90 from an approved Volvo Selekt dealer. In brief it is a 2015 XC90 T6 supercharged petrol, Saville grey (metallic paint) having done 23,000 miles. Extra features including the Bowes and Wilkin sound system, cream nappa perforated leather, heated front and rear seats, apple car play, CD player, BLIS and head-up display, 360 camera and parking assist pilot, dark tinted rear windows and 3 pin socket plug in centre console . The only thing it is missing is a heated steering wheel and front windscreen (which I can't get because off the head-up display).

The car is generally in very good nick and most blemishes apart from a significant one of the passenger front door should come out with a good valet. Worst come worst I have been told this can be replaced altogether for approximately £800.

I have added the following to the car:

- Integrated running boards with LED illumination
- Mudflaps (front and rear)
- Bumper protection (already has a tailgate scuff plate)
- Mat passenger mats for all 3 rows
- Carpet load liner for the boot

I have agreed to pay £41,000 for this car.

I was wondering to pick your brains as to whether or not you think I've got myself a good deal here or not?

Thanks in advance.

Vinny
vsehgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2018, 16:20   #2
eternal optimist
Master Member

I’m a bit puzzled by your post to be honest. You’re asking if you got a good deal after you’ve signed up?

If you’re able and happy to pay £41k for a depreciating asset then happy days, you’ve got a great deal. Probably. If you’re telling us you did the deal without using the power of the internet to shop around and use the data and choices available to you to negotiate a good deal, then you’re more likely to have had your pants pulled over your head.

I decided a long time ago that depreciation is a game I no longer want to play. I’m not planning on ever spending anything remotely close to five figures on a car again unless it’s going to appreciate! In fact, all the cars on my driveway bar one is closer to three figures than five; the one that is close to what you spent on your XC90 cost me £800 to buy. (That conveniently ignores shipping and restoration costs though!)
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2018, 16:49   #3
GrahamBrown1
VOC Member

You are also better off posting in the new xc90 section. This is for the mk1 xc90.

Current- 05 XC90 D5 Exec, 12 XC70 D4 AWD Se Lux, 14 S80 D3 Se Lux
GrahamBrown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2018, 17:09   #4
vsehgal

Thanks for your more helpful reply Graham.

Will post in the new XC90 section.

V
vsehgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2018, 18:00   #5
AB-UK
Premier Member

To be fair, EO is correct in that if you have already agreed the purchase then you are either fishing for a gratuitous compliment confirming your astuteness in securing what you already consider a bargain; or bucking for disappointment as EO has indicated.
Just enjoy your car.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2018, 18:35   #6
john langrick
Master Member

I have also to agree with EO.

To be fair, you have indeed chosen the wrong part of this forum to air the fact that you are about to purchase (or have purchased) an xc90 that will depreciate far more in one year than most of our cars are worth!

But good luck to you and I hope you get lots of enjoyment... You appear to have paid for it!
john langrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2018, 19:57   #7
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsehgal View Post
Hi,

I have just agreed to buy a used Volvo XC90 from an approved Volvo Selekt dealer. In brief it is a 2015 XC90 T6 supercharged petrol, Saville grey (metallic paint) having done 23,000 miles. Extra features including the Bowes and Wilkin sound system, cream nappa perforated leather, heated front and rear seats, apple car play, CD player, BLIS and head-up display, 360 camera and parking assist pilot, dark tinted rear windows and 3 pin socket plug in centre console . The only thing it is missing is a heated steering wheel and front windscreen (which I can't get because off the head-up display).

The car is generally in very good nick and most blemishes apart from a significant one of the passenger front door should come out with a good valet. Worst come worst I have been told this can be replaced altogether for approximately £800.

I have added the following to the car:

- Integrated running boards with LED illumination
- Mudflaps (front and rear)
- Bumper protection (already has a tailgate scuff plate)
- Mat passenger mats for all 3 rows
- Carpet load liner for the boot

I have agreed to pay £41,000 for this car.

I was wondering to pick your brains as to whether or not you think I've got myself a good deal here or not?

Thanks in advance.

Vinny
The bit in bold puzzles me - would the £800 be at your expense?
Bonefishblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 11:58   #8
DeZemBer

I think there's a Selekt event this weekend where you get 0% APR and 2 free services.