Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Accessory - Ventilation Interior, software

Views : 1649

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 19th, 2019, 11:28   #1
Computastar

Default Volvo Accessory - Ventilation Interior, software

First time poster, be gentle.

Had my XC90 D5 PP R-Design Pro now for 6 months.

Still not sure how the Parking Climate is supposed to work, not clear in the manual whether you have to have the Parking Heater installed for that function.

Anyway whilst browsing the web, I came across this:

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...0AWD/Automatic

Does anyone have any experience of this, and whether its worthwhile.

Thanks
Computastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2019, 11:46   #2
Ringthane
VOC Member

That looks like Parking Climate for those that don’t have Parking Climate.

You are not the first to be confused and you won’t be the last. My understanding, and I will be corrected if I’m wrong, is that there is a supplementary heater option, and there is parking climate. One is for the winter and the other for the summer. I have Parking Climate, which is a subset of my Climate controls and allows me to either remotely, or via Sensus, set the blower going to ventilate the cabin, in hot weather. I can’t remember if I can set a timer or not, but it works to a point.

I don’t have the supplementary cabin heater, even though I’m a soft southerner.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ringthane For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 19th, 2019, 12:58   #3
Whaty

This is my understanding (pretty much has Ringthane said):

There is Parking Climate - Preconditioning and Parking Climate - Keep Climate Comfort.

Preconditioning will heat up the cabin on a cold day but only if you have the Aux Heater, if you don't have the Aux Heater it won't work.

However, Preconditioning will cool the cabin on a hot day by blowing in air from the outside. It doesn't 'cool' the air but on a hot day it does pre-cool the cabin from unbearable to bearable....

Keep Climate Comfort tries to maintain cabin temperature whilst the car is stopped for a short while with the engine turned off, while you or a passenger nips into the shops for example. If you lock the car it turns off...

I don't have the Aux Heater but I have set the Heated Seats, Heated Rear Window, Mirrors, etc to automatically come on when the car starts (works below a certain temperature, I think it's 10 degrees for the seats and 7 degrees for the HRW?). On a frosty morning I use Remote Start from the VoC app about 5 - 10 minutes before I plan on leaving the house. Works for me...

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 19th, 2019, 13:09   #4
Computastar

Thanks Gents,
Just a little usual in todays hi tech world for menus to be available when the hardware to operate them is not installed.

As Whaty said I'll just continue to use remote start in winter, would be nice to have an option in summer to blow air through cabin whilst the car was locked.

So next question is it normal to get 'Failed to start parking climate' from the VOC app when selecting 'Start Parking Climate'?

Ta
Computastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2019, 13:12   #5
Moonlanders

Looking at the latest Price and Specification brochure for the XC90, it does not mention Auxiliary Heater anywhere either as a standalone option or within any of the standard options or packages. Am I missing this somewhere or just completely misunderstanding the issue? I am probably ordering my XC90 Inscription Pro tomorrow and don't want to miss something now I may later come to regret!

Thanks.
Moonlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2019, 13:36   #6
Whiterdesign
Master Member

The auxiliary heater is not available in this country, Volvo must not think it gets cold enough.
Old Dec 19th, 2019, 14:20   #7
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
That looks like Parking Climate for those that don’t have Parking Climate.

You are not the first to be confused and you won’t be the last. My understanding, and I will be corrected if I’m wrong, is that there is a supplementary heater option, and there is parking climate. One is for the winter and the other for the summer. I have Parking Climate, which is a subset of my Climate controls and allows me to either remotely, or via Sensus, set the blower going to ventilate the cabin, in hot weather. I can’t remember if I can set a timer or not, but it works to a point.

I don’t have the supplementary cabin heater, even though I’m a soft southerner.
you said it all my friend. the accessory is for the cold weather.
Old Dec 19th, 2019, 14:25   #8
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterdesign View Post
The auxiliary heater is not available in this country, Volvo must not think it gets cold enough.

funny lol in Portugal it is available 😆

Volvo is like:

Let's play a game shall we??

😂
Old Dec 19th, 2019, 15:03   #9
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computastar View Post
First time poster, be gentle.

Had my XC90 D5 PP R-Design Pro now for 6 months.

Still not sure how the Parking Climate is supposed to work, not clear in the manual whether you have to have the Parking Heater installed for that function.

Anyway whilst browsing the web, I came across this:

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...0AWD/Automatic

Does anyone have any experience of this, and whether its worthwhile.

Thanks
That is a new software which just runs the interior heater fan to change the air in the car .. it would reduce the temperature inside the car on a hot summer's day before you got to the car .. it only draws in fresh air from outside , it is not using the AC or heating at all
Old Dec 19th, 2019, 15:04   #10
Dilinger

It sais in the despcription..

Note!
The offer only applies to cars that are not equipped with "Parking climate control".
Dilinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
software, ventilation interior, xc90