Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 300/66 Series General > 300/66 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1986 Volvo 360 GL 5 door

Views : 3119

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 30th, 2019, 13:40   #1
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Default 1986 Volvo 360 GL 5 door

Hi all for sale is my project Volvo, I don’t have any time for it so I haven’t even started it.

I bought it a couple of months ago from the son of the original owner, the son has given up driving so needed to get rid of it. I bought it with the intention of restoring it and fitting twin Webers, however plans change and I need the space.

It has done 90k miles, the cam belt was last changed in 1999 at 87k miles so that means in 20 years it has done 3k miles! I have no service history with it as it was lost but I was told it was always serviced and only had genuine Volvo or quality aftermarket parts fitted. It was garaged for the first 30 years of its life, there is rust on the rear arches, on the scuttle and a few patches here and there of surface rust.

The worst part is the front valence on the bottom where it hit a kerb some years ago and was never dealt with.

The engine is a B200K which runs very nicely and looks to have had a replacement distributor cap and leads recently. I was told the rear brake cylinders were replaced last year.

Radiator is weeping and was just topped up when needed by the previous owner. Being a copper core it could potentially be soldered or brazed.

This is a restoration project and needs some love but will make a brilliant car once finished.

It has a rear wiper and a tow bar so it would make a practical classic which could be used to tow a caravan or trailer.

The car is located in Worcester near junction 6 of the m5 and is an original Worcester car coming from the now closed down John Wallwork Volvo dealership, it has the original dealer plates and badge.

Colour is ocean blue metallic, I will add photos once it has been washed.

Asking £1000

Message me or post if you are interested, please no time wasters as I don’t have time to deal with dreamers.

Last edited by 360beast; Nov 30th, 2019 at 14:46.
360beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2019, 23:00   #2
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Ok I will say it before anyone else does.

Nice Photos
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 1st, 2019, 23:20   #3
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
Ok I will say it before anyone else does.

Nice Photos
I haven't had 5 mins to sit down let alone wash it this weekend!
Old Jun 26th, 2020, 12:08   #4
360beast
Go redblock or go home

No longer for sale, keeping as a project car
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post: