Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Assorted Volvo Clean-out - all must go, and all is free..!

Views : 951

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 16th, 2019, 20:03   #1
blueacid

Default Assorted Volvo Clean-out - all must go, and all is free..!

Hi Team,

During the time I owned a Volvo, I amassed a huge amount of knowledge and help from the people on here. I also was given a couple of bits by helpful members on here.
I've recently sold my S60. So, I'm handing down the collection of parts I've got, plus some stocks of engine oil which aren't low-ash (and so are no use in the new car which has a DPF).

Cost? Any of the parts themselves are available for the price of a "Thank you!"

Postage? Collection from Manchester centre highly preferred. For the smaller items, if you're really keen I can look at postage costs..!

Pictures? Here are photos of everything excluding the oil:
https://got.ctho.co.uk/volvopics/assortedbits/

What's up for grabs?
I have the following things:
  • Haynes Manual 3573 for P1 S70, V70 and C70 (1996-1999)
  • Haynes Manual 4793 for P2 S60 (2000-2009). Bit oily on some pages but perfectly legible.
  • A half-full 20 litre barrel of JWS3309 ATF. Great for your geartronic gearbox. Terrible for your breakfast cereal.
  • A rear exhaust hanger - for right by the tip of the exhaust, not the 'centre' section that's under the rear seat passengers.
  • A set of handbrake drum shoe springs
  • A secondhand power steering reservoir. Untested. I genuinely intended to use this to replace mine (because it was leaking at the seal). I then decided to just opt for the 'rolling fluid refresh' policy, and therefore never used this. No idea if this one will also leak; if you collect this I suggest testing before installation as it's been sat on the side in my garage for 3+ years.
  • Two meyle rear droplinks. Apparently very easy to fit. But I never bothered, so these are still new in their boxes. They've been on the garage shelf for 2 years. I realise this is turning into a bit of a confessional rather than a 'for sale' thread, but, it is what it is.
  • Roof bars! Only pictured one, the other's in the same good condition. Can't see any rust or bends. Note, these only fit an S60, the V70 has a different rear bar as far as I remember.
  • Towing power harness adapter thinger that gives you a 7 pin power socket for a trailer or light board. Brand new in bag, and was bought for around £50. Has the 'grey' connector on it - search this forum carefully for further details of towbar electrics and the such. I never got around to sourcing and fitting a towbar (Originally wanted to use the towball for a bike rack, got the roof bars instead and so used them for bikes!).
  • Assorted engine oil. 750ml of Castrol 0w30, around 3 litres of Shell 5w30 and around 1.5 litres of Shell 5w40. Yep, I always bought new bottles of oil, did the engine service and then went "oh yeah, I had some left over from last time". D'oh.

So yep, drop me a reply on here if you're interested. Sorry it turned into a bit of a confessional on things I intended to do but never did. There's no amazingly urgent rush on any of this, it's been in the garage all this time, so it can wait a bit longer. If you can't collect, let me know where you're based - I might be passing nearby at some point in the future, you never know

Last edited by blueacid; Sep 16th, 2019 at 20:06.
blueacid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blueacid For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 17th, 2019, 23:18   #2
b1mcp

I'd would like to take up your very generous offer. I would have use for a number of those things. I don't want to appear greedy so if you have multiple requests and want to share them out that's fine. In order of priority I would like

1. PAS Reservoir
2. Handbrake Springs
3. Drop Links
4. Exhaust Hanger
5. ATF

(There are 3 V70s and an S60 in our family and I maintain them all!)

I'm in Manchester (M41) also so collection not a problem.

Thanks
Old Sep 18th, 2019, 23:56   #3
blueacid

Happy for you to have all that you've asked! Given the silence here & certainly the absence of any howls of protest, is there anything else you'd like which you were initially holding back from for fear of seeming greedy? You're welcome to it if so!
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 00:48   #4
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Hi, I'm down South but my dad's still in Crewe if you are ever in that area?

If by any chance you were, I'd be interested in the roof bars, the oil and the magician's manual for my S60. I'd pick up, but I won't be back up for a few weeks yet.

Let me know, nothing lost if not, thanks
Bonefishblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 01:19   #5
b1mcp

That's great. Thank you.

It's a future project to put a tow bar on my wife's V70 so if nobody else sticks their hand up I would make use of that harness also. I just checked part no on VIDA and it's the right one for her car.

I'll PM you and hopefully we can sort out some arrangements.
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 10:19   #6
blueacid

OK - here's the sit-rep so far!

Pending collection but earmarked for b1mcp:
1. PAS Reservoir
2. Handbrake Springs
3. Drop Links
4. Exhaust Hanger
5. ATF
6. Towing power harness

Pending collection (or, me driving past) Bonefishblues:
1. Roof Bars
2. S60 Haynes Manual

Still could be yours!:
1. P1 Haynes Manual (C/V/S70)
2. Engine Oil

...looking at it, I might well go post in the P1 forums to see if anyone wants that haynes manual..!

Last edited by blueacid; Sep 19th, 2019 at 10:21.
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 10:24   #7
blueacid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonefishblues View Post
Hi, I'm down South but my dad's still in Crewe if you are ever in that area?

If by any chance you were, I'd be interested in the roof bars, the oil and the magician's manual for my S60. I'd pick up, but I won't be back up for a few weeks yet.

Let me know, nothing lost if not, thanks
Either could work - I've got friends and family in the south, and the roof bars don't take much room in the boot of my new car.

Happy to hang on to them until we can work something out, they aren't big and offensive in the garage (and given that b1mcp is nearby, I imagine that the majority of the volvo parts will be gone before too long so the garage will be emptier - mission accomplished)
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 21:06   #8
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Thanks, very much appreciated.
Bonefishblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 23:01   #9
b1mcp

Well I got my share of the booty this evening. Many thanks to @blueacid. He even dropped them off at my house as he was in the area, and we had a good car conversation.

What a gentleman.
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 23:11   #10
kennyt5

Great gesture.

Last edited by kennyt5; Sep 19th, 2019 at 23:56.
kennyt5 is offline   Reply With Quote