Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 T8 MY20 Real World Range

Views : 1442

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 2nd, 2019, 12:38   #1
Automatic Only

Default XC60 T8 MY20 Real World Range

Has anyone got one of these yet?
Obviously as most would know for MY20 the T8 gets a bigger battery and the WLTP all electric range stated in the price list is now 27-33 miles.
I was wondering how realistic this is and if anyone has any 'real world' numbers to share?
Mine is due in January and my daily commute is almost exactly 27 miles, pretty much all on motorway so I was wondering how much of that I'm likely to be able to cover on electric power alone.
Automatic Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2020, 12:28   #2
Automatic Only

Car arrived this morning after an 8 month wait - a sight for some very sore eyes!
So it looks like I'll have to update this thread myself!!
Old Jan 14th, 2020, 15:41   #3
Matt90

I would be interested to know how you get on! My other half has one of these on order and her return commute is about exactly 27 miles also.

Did you opt for the type 2 charger? Does this replace the standard 3pin plug variant or does it come in addition?

Enjoy your new car!!
Old Jan 14th, 2020, 16:31   #4
TheGate

I would set up a profile to be as economic as possible. It lowers the suspension, and also keeps it on "battery only" a little bit longer and at higher acceleration rates than the standard Hybrid profile. Use the B setting on the gearbox.

On an XC90, in the summer, my max range goes to 25m, it always adds 2-3 miles to the range when I switch to the eco profile.
TheGate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2020, 16:45   #5
Berkshirebob

I’m confused.. £60K car to save potentially (if you bought a diesel) £25 pw of fuel?

Not intentionally being a c*ck, just don’t get the huge jump in purchase price vs the gains (charging at work, company car tax benefits excluded)
Old Jan 14th, 2020, 18:01   #6
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshirebob View Post
I’m confused.. £60K car to save potentially (if you bought a diesel) £25 pw of fuel?

Not intentionally being a c*ck, just don’t get the huge jump in purchase price vs the gains (charging at work, company car tax benefits excluded)
Me neither, a standard V60 Inscription for about £40k, the T8 AWD etc from £57k. For the private buyer, absolutely no contest.

I chose the Momentum to stay under £40k avoiding the additional tax, does that still get charged for the hybrids?
Old Jan 14th, 2020, 18:05   #7
Moonlanders

Quote:

I have the T8 XC90 on order. Not a company car so no BIK consideration. I accepted before I ordered and as part of my decision making process that I will never recover the additional cost in fuel saving, even taking into account my plan to keep the car for 6 years. If the infrastructure was good enough I would have looked at full electric and the PHEV felt a good middle step. I am interested to see how economic I will be able to get it to run.

Financially does it make sense to pay £10k more than the diesel - no, absolutely not. Environmentally do I feel a little better about myself having driven diesels for the past 20 years - definitely, yes.

Incidentally I did calculate, based on cost per kwh against fuel costs and assuming my current mileage and type of driving (urban vs motorway) continue, that I could potentially save approx £7.5k in fuel cost over 6 years. That is more than I initially anticipated so I will be seeing just how close I get once my car is delivered in April.
Moonlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2020, 18:12   #8
Automatic Only

Quote:

The company car tax benefit is what did it for me - a T8 is a whole lot cheaper than even the cheapest D4 Momentum. And of course, its a much nicer car!
No brainer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Automatic Only For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 14th, 2020, 18:10   #9
Automatic Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt90 View Post
I would be interested to know how you get on! My other half has one of these on order and her return commute is about exactly 27 miles also.

Did you opt for the type 2 charger? Does this replace the standard 3pin plug variant or does it come in addition?

Enjoy your new car!!
Thanks - yes I'll do some updates on here in the coming days once I've done some testing.
I'm only using a 3 pin plug for charging at present as I may be moving house in the near future so thought I would save the grant for a charger until that situation becomes clearer - doesn't look like it would charge much faster anyway.