Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sensus Map Update problem

Views : 33789

Replies : 163

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 22nd, 2020, 10:29   #61
Deadloak

When I contacted them about the 64bit issue they suggested getting the garage to do it on the next service. It's in today, but it's not that critical to do, so passed on that. I wonder if the message has actually got back to the IT team, I very much doubt it.
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 09:21   #62
Supra Edd

I too have had problems, with this latest update i get "Map Update Failed. USB unreadable. Please insert USB number 1"

I had a service last week at a Volvo dealership. Asked them to rectify it. The guy said he'd be resetting the unit to factory default. But all they did was download the maps and try again. Not tell me that they failed to fix! So i paid for the fix and service thinking the car was ok, drove off an still not working. Have complained to Volvo about it!

The engineer has since called me back saying i need to disconnect my battery for 4 hours, then try again! and if that doesnt work it £1000+ for a new Sensus system! - you can imagine i wasnt too happy after that call.

So i'm glad I've found this thread, I'm going to try a few of the suggestions, looks like i may be sitting in my car pressing exit quite a lot tomorrow lol.
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 13:49   #63
Whyman
Premier Member

When I did my last update there was an instruction to check the exact size of the file on your USB stick is exactly the same as the download file, not 19 gb but the identical size down to the last digit.
Old Jun 14th, 2020, 11:19   #64
Supra Edd

im downloading it again right now, so will double check that thankyou.
Old Jul 1st, 2020, 11:10   #65
Supra Edd

I'm still having no luck with this, tried multiple USB sticks, HDDs. all formatted as FAT32, 32gb, default allocation size. downloaded from site direct to USB, got the files verified.

also read on another forum to try installing another countries maps. nothing has worked.

I'm stumped. how many USB stick do i try!
Old Jul 2nd, 2020, 10:56   #66
moosehead74

I recently downloaded the updates for my 2017 XC60 and was planning to have a go at installing them at some point. What worries me is the constant low battery warning and infotainment system shutting down. Is this likely to cause problems with the upgrade? Is there any special procedure to follow? How long does it take as I don't fancy leaving the vehicle with the engine running on the drive for a couple of hours if this is how long it will take?

Many thanks
moosehead74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2020, 11:45   #67
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead74 View Post
I recently downloaded the updates for my 2017 XC60 and was planning to have a go at installing them at some point. What worries me is the constant low battery warning and infotainment system shutting down. Is this likely to cause problems with the upgrade? Is there any special procedure to follow? How long does it take as I don't fancy leaving the vehicle with the engine running on the drive for a couple of hours if this is how long it will take?

Many thanks
It does take a couple of hours, so it needs to be done when you're out on a drive. That's how I did mine.
Old Jul 2nd, 2020, 16:34   #68
Supra Edd

I'm almost tempted to say dont do it unless you need to.
With it going wrong, my experience with Volvo, their dealerships and Customer Support, are no help at all, and really dont care. Im looking at a £1000+ fix at the moment even thought I know the files i tried were verified ok. Its ridiculous.
Old Jul 6th, 2020, 13:08   #69
Supra Edd

Well the car is going back into Volvo tomorrow, (free of charge) for them to have another go.
This weekend I tried another USB stick, this time a Sandisk cruzer 32GB usb 2.0 and still go the same results.
Old Jul 6th, 2020, 13:48   #70
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humming View Post
Finally managed to get the maps update completed last night.

I forget how many times I had to press 'exit' on the steering wheel, but it was a lot. The biggest problem was keeping an eye on the screen, waiting for the fail message to appear, in order to press exit and get it going again.

Probably took about 2 hours in total.

It is strange that some people have no problem at all and others have to keep presing exit to get it to complete.
Are you having the car serviced properly and getting the software updated every service ?