Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 140/164 Series General > 140/164 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wanted .. Manual gearbox with overdrive for 144. 1972

Views : 1558

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 18th, 2015, 11:12   #1
Kirkie

Default Wanted .. Manual gearbox with overdrive for 144. 1972

I wish to fit O/D to my car as above.
Would like to purchase a manual box with O/D and other parts required for the mod.
Please phone Jim 07734 574 125 anytime. Thanks
Kirkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7th, 2015, 20:09   #2
Triple-S
How Old?

Have you found your gearbox yet? That's because I have just found my spare out of the shed: if you confirm what you'd like to see on its ident plate (!) I'll have a look at it when its light enough (no lights there). No prop or stalk switch though; a friend had his existing prop shortened by a local engineering place OK.

P
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2015, 10:26   #3
Kirkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-S View Post
Have you found your gearbox yet? That's because I have just found my spare out of the shed: if you confirm what you'd like to see on its ident plate (!) I'll have a look at it when its light enough (no lights there). No prop or stalk switch though; a friend had his existing prop shortened by a local engineering place OK.

P
Thanks Triple S. I did try to reply to your message , but i have not got 30 posts. (silly rule considering Im a paid up member of VOC)
My e-mail is jimkirwin@btconnect.com tel 07734574125
Old Oct 1st, 2015, 15:06   #4
Kirkie

Triple -S.. I did reply to your e-mail.
Im going to try and find the correct parts. ( I dont know about the ident plate)
Hopefully someone will enlighten me with the correct numbers.
Its going to be a job for next year now.
If i found one I would probably send it away to be refurbished.
Nothing worse than putting it all in to find its tripe.
Unless, I can get a good one out of a runner, im not holding my breath on that one.
Old Oct 3rd, 2015, 17:35   #5
Triple-S
How Old?

Sorry for delays, Kirkie; for some reason my computer put your mail into trash and my reply into spam..... Will never understand electronics.

Message understood, as you can see I have several gearbox options so if/when you want to know more please advise. I don't know what the electric connections on top are for, and whether you have a long (early) gear lever or the short stubby remote. I had an auto box refurb'd a few years ago, so there are companies.....

Perhaps a lister can advise which type should be for your car.

P
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote