Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sensus Map Update problem

Views : 34105

Replies : 163

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 7th, 2019, 09:30   #51
cosssmyn

Well .. Good news, I also had problems with updating Navi, that was with me so that it always showed me "Navigation Starts" but it did not work ... so I then have someone from another USB stick 64GB ( Sandisk) get, since I first had it formatted, I then let install ex. the map of Israel on it, which had only 3GB and in 5 minutes it was installed (why that? Because the navi was completely blocked and I wanted the new one European map which did not work to delete or change it somehow and then to try again with the European map and it worked that way). then you can format the USB stick again and install the European maps on it again (I have first installed on computer and then I have copied the stick) .. in 1h 40min it was installed in my car and it went .. that motor must stay on. and what else was synonymous with me so that the dvd / usb no longer works and I have reset the manufacturer settings then it went again
cosssmyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2019, 18:07   #52
TanZo Go
Scott

Default Upload map S80 2013

Can someone possibly give me some guidance please?
I have had the update from the dealership, uploaded the new map onto my 38gig stick, started engine, placed the stick in the USB connection slot, through the menu I selected to upload new map, selected USB, but then nothing appears to happen. There is no swirling ball or message to state the upload is progressing, nothing, not a sausage!
Have I failed to undertake a crucial action?
Looks so simple on the Volvo website 😂😂
TanZo Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2019, 16:12   #53
Fimac

check what is on the stick. what size file is on it. is it the 19gb update and does it correlate with what you want.
Fimac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fimac For This Useful Post:
Old May 4th, 2019, 16:14   #54
Fimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by calderstone View Post
As a Mac user, loading map updates is problematic. I have tried formatting the memory stick as MSDOS (FAT32) and as XFAT neither result in a successful loading of the update. Any suggestions would be welcome.
I just kept it to FAT32 and it worked on a 32gb stick from my Mac.
ensure you open the file they (Volvo)download first, then open the next download. its not that intuitive.........to be fair.
Old May 28th, 2019, 19:19   #55
alpinto1

Do not use USB memory from generic brand, or a cheap USB memory!

YES, the USB must have FAT32 format, but, use as an example, one USB memory from Kingston brand.
This is the TIP I gave you all to be able to upload the maps into the module (IAM).
alpinto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 21:31   #56
Richard M Knight

Make sure the files are in the root directory of the stick and not in their own folder.
Richard M Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2019, 15:04   #57
Fimac

I did not find it easy. first mistake was thinking the file was on the memory stick, and it was not - when the Volvo site downloads a file reader, AND then the actual file. 2 stages.
check what is on the stick post download.
use a new , branded stick.
load it on a decent long motorway drive and keep hitting exit, it will get there eventually, it took me Bristol to Brixham to fully load it !! !
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 00:04   #58
Rex65

No need to do a long journey, the update will resume each time the car starts.
Old Sep 22nd, 2019, 08:18   #59
Jaddak

Talking

I struggled with this, perseverance is key, though here is my Get it to work list:
1. As above, buy a reputable USB stick (eg Scandisk) - the prices at Curry’s are the same as fleybay, so don’t risk buying a fake
2. Format your new card FAT32 UNTICKING the quick format. Yes it takes foking ages but don’t risk it
3. Download directly to the card, as I noticed some files weren’t copied when I downloaded to the hard disc
4. Start the car & turn off the stop start
5. Drive for about 2 min to let the nav system fully boot up
6. Insert your USB... do not waggle as these ports seem very sensitive & be patient, as mine took about 15 seconds to recognise it. It will either work or not.
7. Try & time the update with a long familiar drive, not essential but you’ll get used to hitting EXIT a few times.... it’ll also update Gracenote, the music track & title service

Good hunting
Jaddak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2019, 09:36   #60
marsdalebear
I've Been Banned

I had issues with FAT32.

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=296780
marsdalebear is offline   Reply With Quote