Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Alarm system Service Required - message?

Views : 31204

Replies : 44

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 21:47   #11
jimbg
Master Member

Do you think it could be my ipod in the storage box behind the cup holders?

I will check it out in the morning and see if it makes any difference.

Maybe that is why Volvo are providing a modified sensor and is what was meant by cars with the sunroof?
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 09:50   #12
jimbg
Master Member

Well I took out the ipod and the cubby box and cup holders were completely empty......still have the message.

I guess I will wait a few weeks until the "new" sensor is available.
Old Mar 23rd, 2012, 11:00   #13
XC60MY12
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbg View Post
Do you think it could be my ipod in the storage box behind the cup holders?

I will check it out in the morning and see if it makes any difference.

Maybe that is why Volvo are providing a modified sensor and is what was meant by cars with the sunroof?
Didn't see that until this morning. No, it's only the front storage area that's affected. I used to keep parking coins there but now I put them in the door pocket. I must say that the internal storage spaces have not been particularly well thought out.
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 11:02   #14
XC60Owner

I had the mass movement sensor changed a couple of years ago - message is back again. Glad I got an extended warranty as standard one has expired. Car will need to go back to dealer I guess - will wait for the new Q2 sensor though. (I have the pano. roof btw).
XC60Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 12:17   #15
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC60Owner View Post
I had the mass movement sensor changed a couple of years ago - message is back again. Glad I got an extended warranty as standard one has expired. Car will need to go back to dealer I guess - will wait for the new Q2 sensor though. (I have the pano. roof btw).
Just had a call today about the sensor, and it is in!
Car going in tommorrow for it to be fitted and I will post the result later in the day.
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 12:28   #16
jimbg
Master Member

Had the new sensor fitted and works OK now, the local dealer have been asked to report on the success or failure, so I guess I was a bit of a test case!!
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 20:27   #17
XC60MY12
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC60Fan View Post
I had this recurring message about a month after buying the car new last September. In all other respects the alarm seemed to be working correctly so, at the dealer's suggestion, I left it until the 3 month PSI. They replaced the mass sensor but the message came back after a few days. They then replaced the movement sensor and I have not seen the problem since.
Spoke too soon. Message reappeared today; would you Adam and Eve it? If it's still there after a couple of days, it's straight back to the dealer.
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 22:02   #18
jimbg
Master Member

All OK................................................ so far
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 12:13   #19
mfresh
Nice person

Is this new sensor a special sensor for cars with the panoramic roof? I also have the panoroof and have had the alarm service problem, so it would be good to know in case it happens again.

Is there a special name or part number for the new sensor, so that I can ask about it at my dealer?

Thanks!
mfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2012, 12:25   #20
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfresh View Post
Is this new sensor a special sensor for cars with the panoramic roof? I also have the panoroof and have had the alarm service problem, so it would be good to know in case it happens again.

Is there a special name or part number for the new sensor, so that I can ask about it at my dealer?

Thanks!
Sorry I do not have more information, they just said that a new modified part was being made available. His comment about the panoramic roof was unclear, but I guess if it happens again, you will probably get the revised part as most dealers probably do not keep it on the shelf anyway?

It would be interesting to know if everyone who has had this problem has a car with the panoramic roof.
Maybe a poll is required?
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbg For This Useful Post: