Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Problem with USB for map update

Views : 5011

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 28th, 2019, 21:21   #11
Jackob78

I tried 2 stick both 32gb Philips and Sandisk. Even when tried copy single song to HDD still the same message. No idea what going on, maybe I should update software?
Jackob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2019, 16:16   #12
XC60 MKD

Hi ppl,i was close reading and decided to uptade my maps for Volvo XC60 2014, and i got a 128GB memory stick, follow the instruction from you guys, to PC first then format the stick, put the files (without folder) to the stick, connect in the usb in the car and start the car, guess what? NOTHING Do i need to do something to start the process or?
XC60 MKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2019, 18:05   #13
PJordan

I would suggest keeping to a 32gb stick if you can as above that I think they are all SDXC cards, not sure the Volvo reads SDXC possibly only SD.

In the instructions on the download page it suggests you download the update directly onto a USB stick and not your hard drive. Then start up the car first and wait until the Sensus system is up and running before putting in your USB stick with the download on it.

These procedures certainly work for me every time with no issues. Hope this helps.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 18:44   #14
XC60 MKD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJordan View Post
I would suggest keeping to a 32gb stick if you can as above that I think they are all SDXC cards, not sure the Volvo reads SDXC possibly only SD.

In the instructions on the download page it suggests you download the update directly onto a USB stick and not your hard drive. Then start up the car first and wait until the Sensus system is up and running before putting in your USB stick with the download on it.

These procedures certainly work for me every time with no issues. Hope this helps.
Tnx PJordan, but as my carma is always happy to F.. me over, i have broken the usb port from the XC60 somehow i have pulled it maybe hard (usually i am very careful) and now i am changing and looking the topic "I have broken my USB plug in" .... today is one of those days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Broken usb port on Volvo XC60.jpg (68.0 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by XC60 MKD; May 2nd, 2019 at 18:57.
XC60 MKD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XC60 MKD For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 1st, 2019, 18:26   #15
XC60CWT

Default Problem using USB to update maps

Up until now I have successfully upgraded the maps on my XC60, the latest one however has been a problem. Firstly I have a Apple Mac computer and the new operating system MacOS Catalina has upgraded the Mac for 64bit applications. It no longer accepts 32bit apps, therefore when I downloaded the new maps from the Volvo website I couldn't open the file on my computer. I have spoken to the people responsible for the updates and this is a known problem which they are working on. They very kindly sent me a usb stick with the updates on it, however when I plugged this into my XC60 it did show me the Gracenote screen then I had an error message to say that the usb was not readable. There is something odd here as I got the update from Volvo. Now the Navigation system is not working at all. HELP!
XC60CWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2019, 21:40   #16
marsdalebear
I've Been Banned

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=296780

Might help?
marsdalebear is offline   Reply With Quote