Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

63' D4 Eml p1407 code

Views : 1849

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 15th, 2019, 18:02   #1
DavebV60

Default 63' D4 Eml p1407 code

Hi Everybody!

Have done a good search of the forum and found a few answers, but seems most thread never come up with a definative answer!

It was a fair while ago my v60 brought the EML on with this fault. But untill now I haven't been bothered because it has no effect on the car! (even start stop still works!!)
Car is a v60, late 2013, d4 (5 cylinder diesel engine), 90k miles.

Using my super cheap code reader it brings up p1407 (egr pressure low or something, can't remember the exact wording)

SO after searching this forum, i have....

Removed cleaned, and refitted the egr valve pipes and cooler. No change.
Removed and cleaned the intercooler MAP sensor, cleaned and refitted. No change.

Now i have read the map sensor is a common issue. However I don't want to spend £80 odd on a sensor not being 100% sure if this is the issue. But also read something about DPF pressure sensors! So this could get expensive fast.

Is it worth me trying to get the car code read proper on vida? Will this tell me more?! Or find someone close to me (i'm in chelmsford, essex).
I Am a mechanic by trade and REALLY don't want to give he dealer 70 odd quid for diag for what is probably just a guess by them aswell!

Cheers
Dave
DavebV60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2019, 11:26   #2
ardun86

Did you have any joy here Dave?
Having the same problem on my 2013 D4 with 96k miles.

I had a mechanic friend look at the obvious ones and he saw no issues. Don’t want to give to Volvo as I think they will just change the EGR without properly fault finding.

Cheers,
Andrew
ardun86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2019, 14:22   #3
GMcL
0's and 1's

Have you checked the return hose from the intercooler ?
The one on my car split at the elbow under the air filter box. The replacement part had an outer sleeve over this elbow which was missing from the original hose. When the hose splits you lose all boost, a tiny crack or split might be letting enough air through but the car is detecting a drop which is what it is flagging.

The other part I've had to replace on my 2011 version of this engine is the boost control valve.

Also check the electronic cable connection at the drive belt end of the injection rail. Mine had worked loose enough to trigger a low boost signal. The car would drive fine except when cold and about 1 mile into any journey. Back off the throttle, back on with a light load and the boost would fall off. Switch off and restart cured it until the next cold start.

Previous: 2005 Volvo S60 D5 Sport - 2017 Focus RS
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2019, 18:52   #4
DavebV60

Hi guys,

In the end I took a stab in the dark and ordered the map sensor from Volvo, there is a Bristol dealership that do trade discounted parts on eBay so I saved myself 17 quid odd. Still made it 86quid iirc.
When the sensor arrived, it has superceded parts number again to a new number that is different to all other numbers mentioned on this forum!
Turns out this can be had for around 40quid on eBay, genuine Bosch

But on the plus side it fixed the issue and 600miles, no light on so I'm happy!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DavebV60 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 8th, 2019, 18:53   #5
DavebV60

New number is 0261 230 296
Old Sep 17th, 2019, 20:07   #6
afeee

Can you send the Volvo partnumber? I have exactly the same issue. Went to the Volvo dealer here in Hungary and they want to replace some EGR parts costing a fortune. if it's really just the Map sensor costing around £80 I rather go for that first to give it a try.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavebV60 View Post
Hi guys,

In the end I took a stab in the dark and ordered the map sensor from Volvo, there is a Bristol dealership that do trade discounted parts on eBay so I saved myself 17 quid odd. Still made it 86quid iirc.
When the sensor arrived, it has superceded parts number again to a new number that is different to all other numbers mentioned on this forum!
Turns out this can be had for around 40quid on eBay, genuine Bosch

But on the plus side it fixed the issue and 600miles, no light on so I'm happy!
afeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2019, 22:10   #7
DavebV60

Hi,

I don't have the Volvo number, but this is the item on eBay

The Following User Says Thank You to DavebV60 For This Useful Post: