Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For Sale: 2004 C70 2.4T Covertible - 45k miles

Views : 2102

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 9th, 2018, 22:12   #1
andrew_s46
S60 Driver

Default For Sale: 2004 C70 2.4T Covertible - 45k miles

Hello All,

Long time since posting here, but been a member since 2008. Owned various Volvo's over the years - many gone now but this C70 has remained in my garage since 2009. The longest I've ever kept a car.

Up until very recently the car has been garaged in my ownership and has been a second car, hence the very low mileage. However, after not being used for some time i'm seeing if anyone would be interested in buying her.

I've included pictures of the car in it's 'heyday' and some as it's sits on the drive today. I don't think it'll take much to get her back to how she was.

I expect you all know the spec inside out, so i'll just put the key items below and happy to take any questions.

Key stats:
2.4t
Manual
45k miles
Good Tyres
Strut brace fitted
Cambelt change completed a few years ago
Would certainly benefit from a service
MOT Expired
Roof works but no longer 'bongs' for some reason
1 key

Car starts and drives, but due to having no mot and ideally could do with a service i'd suggest it is transported away.

I seem to recall forum rules are I need to state a price...£2,750 but very much open to offers.

Located in County Durham.
Link for photo's to follow.
andrew_s46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 22:37   #2
andrew_s46
S60 Driver

Loads of photos here:

http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/an...45678/library/
Old Jun 9th, 2018, 13:41   #3
andrew_s46
S60 Driver

Any offers welcome!

I would really like this car to go to someone who I know has the knowledge and time to put her back on the road. It really won't take too much.

Otherwise I fear eBay vultures will simply break he for parts :-(
Old Jun 10th, 2018, 12:42   #4
ASt85
Premier Member

Hi Andrew, you C70 looks really good price for the mileage seems about right - I paid around that last year for a similar motor.

Hope you get your asking price......just out of interest is it an OEM Volvo strut brace?

Cheers
Alan

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2018, 16:48   #5
pepper16
VOC Member

Default C70 for sale

I'd say, for what it's worth, that the price is not "about right" but in fact a damn good price...!!!!

2005 C70 2.0 T Auto Convertible. 75k miles.
17" Comet C alloys.
pepper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pepper16 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 10th, 2018, 18:14   #6
pepper16
VOC Member

[QUOTE=ASt85;2412680]Hi Andrew, you C70 looks really good price for the mileage seems about right - I paid around that last year for a similar motor.

Hope you get your asking price......just out of interest is it an OEM Volvo strut brace?

Cheers
Alan[/QUOTE

I spent 10 months looking for my car and I viewed a lot...all over the country that claimed to be immaculate...but of course they were not. It took me ages to find a genuine one...
But I perservered.
There seems to be a huge price gap on these cars.....and it very much depends on their history.
Sure...you can buy one for £1000 if you wish..or you spend a bit more to get a well looked after fully documented low mileage car ?
I wish Andrew all the best with his sale...as he seems to be suggesting a very reasonable price?

17" Comet C alloys.
Old Jun 10th, 2018, 18:19   #7
ASt85
Premier Member

Hi pepper16, I do agree - it is a bargain price for that sort of mileage C70 particularly as it has had the cam belt changed.

They are great cars and much stronger than the later models or indeed those the competing manufacturers, also it is becoming increasingly difficult to find a any form of the pre 2005/6 model in that sort of order. I truly believe that those well maintained models will appreciate in value significantly over the next few years. The fact that you would have to pay well in excess of the asking price on a dealers forecourt speaks volumes.

I paid more than andrew_s46's asking price last March for a one owner 2005 model with just under 40K on the clock and have spent several hundred so far replacing damaged rear springs & shocks, repairing wiring oddities, not to mention the cam and aux belt replacement.

I left the original water pump untouched (but bought a new spare "just in case" the OEM felt the need to expire before the usual 180k or so miles for which they are known to be good) as it is my intention to keep the one I bought on the road as long as possible.

To date my spend has exceeded andrew_s46's asking price by a good £650, so who ever buys andrew_s46's starts at a bargain price for a low mileage car - think how much you would have to pay for a similar mileage Mk2 but only a couple of years on it and you'll not be getting any change out of £15K.

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ASt85 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 10th, 2018, 18:41   #8
pepper16
VOC Member

Default C70 for sale

Where to start ????
Why are we comparing the Ford based P2 C70 which (apologies to our friends in the other room)...is a hideous car full of electrical faults, serious lack of build quality...not to mention no self esteem for itself, and God knows what else?
We are talking about the rare opportunity to buy a well made, low mileage example of a superb car, that has been priced very fairly ??

17" Comet C alloys.
Old Jun 10th, 2018, 18:49   #9
pepper16
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASt85 View Post
Hi pepper16, I do agree - it is a bargain price for that sort of mileage C70 particularly as it has had the cam belt changed.

They are great cars and much stronger than the later models or indeed those the competing manufacturers, also it is becoming increasingly difficult to find a any form of the pre 2005/6 model in that sort of order. I truly believe that those well maintained models will appreciate in value significantly over the next few years. The fact that you would have to pay well in excess of the asking price on a dealers forecourt speaks volumes.

I paid more than andrew_s46's asking price last March for a one owner 2005 model with just under 40K on the clock and have spent several hundred so far replacing damaged rear springs & shocks, repairing wiring oddities, not to mention the cam and aux belt replacement.

I left the original water pump untouched (but bought a new spare "just in case" the OEM felt the need to expire before the usual 180k or so miles for which they are known to be good) as it is my intention to keep the one I bought on the road as long as possible.

To date my spend has exceeded andrew_s46's asking price by a good £650, so who ever buys andrew_s46's starts at a bargain price for a low mileage car - think how much you would have to pay for a similar mileage Mk2 but only a couple of years on it and you'll not be getting any change out of £15K.
Rear springs are a common failure. ..every car has its failings, so is greasing the lock stops !....so is the cd reader failing? But these aren't huge issues ...I wish I could have seen a car like this for sale when I searched for mine?
I was happy to find mine at 66000 miles and was the colour combo I wanted. ...but heh...let's hope Andrew sells his ?
I'm not sure where you live but there's not many good ones left now with only 46k...regardless of price !!!

17" Comet C alloys.
Old Jun 10th, 2018, 19:05   #10
pepper16
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASt85 View Post

AND ....I don't buy this "what you spend on repairs"...discussion.......I own my C70 outright...and I spend lots of money having everything that's needed and sometimes not, at the main dealer for my C70.
So I know it's 100% mechanically perfect.
In the three years I've owned her....it's cost less than if I wanted to have a new car on finance that could cost me 300 to 400 per month ?
Just my choice...but I'm happy with it...and as I said before...I wish Andrew the very best luck with his sale...if I wanted it at the moment..I'd be beating a track to his door...looks a lovely example.

17" Comet C alloys.