Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1998 V70XC - 126k miles

Views : 666

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 26th, 2018, 01:56   #1
JohnMacQueen

Default 1998 V70XC - 126k miles

Feel free to check MOT history. reg is: s462jrs

Car is red and has around 126k miles on it and MOT until January 2019. Has electric sunroof and full leather heated seats front and back I have used black trim restorer to return the rubber and plastic abs trim around the car as it had begun to fade. Body and sills are practically rust free other than a few tiny dings and a small bit behind the rear number plate. I have had the ETM module refurbished just the other week, and have documented proof of this. Front and rear brakes pads are practically new. Timing belt newly done at 123k (also have proof). The turbo pipes have been cleaned out and I replaced all the spark plugs today with Bosch copper cores and I was planning on replacing the fuel filter and both outer CV joints (one of the outer driver side boots is torn). Two new outer CV joints and a new Bosch fuel filter will come with the car. Also has a tow bar fitted with full electrics and a spare number plate. automatic gearbox works fine, as does the four wheel drive.

I've pulled the abs fuse as it was kicking in randomly and I'm pretty sure this is because of corroded abs rings on the outer cv joints, because I get no abs warning light. Could be wrong though. PCV system is also needing to be done asap.

Reason for selling is that I need something more economical.

Looking for a grand or swaps for something like a CRV.

Last edited by JohnMacQueen; Apr 26th, 2018 at 02:30.
JohnMacQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2018, 12:47   #2
lindsok

Default xc70

Hello John
Is your xc70 still for sale, if so do you have any photos?

thanks
lindsok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2018, 18:36   #3
DLM48
Master Member

Default Pictures

pics please
V70 Classic 2.4 20V sold on VoS FB page in a few hours
Present - C70 2.4 SE GearTronic - V70R AWD Prins II LPG 2.5 GearTronic
DLM48 is offline   Reply With Quote