Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60..Shall i..? Shan't I..??

Views : 441

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 15th, 2019, 09:12   #1
xc60nav

Default XC60..Shall i..? Shan't I..??

Hello all,

I am a new member, just joined. and i am looking for some help from the fellow Volvo lovers...

I am looking to buy an XC60 (i am going to see one today eve) and I need to know if there is anything i need to lookout for... still making up my mind on Volvo .. this is my first volvo

Its a 2.0 D4 R deign Lux Nav i am looking.. 15plate (reg: Aug15).

I had a quick read through the common fault sections.. Most of the faults i see are on pre 13MY/14MY cars..

Are the facelift models any better...

Also reading reviews on different websites i am getting mixed messages... some say lot of electrical faults and engine faults i.e dpf issues...

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you
xc60nav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 15:20   #2
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Not heard of a single DPF problem with this engine. EGR problems ARE a potential concern though, so do check that the upgrades have already been done... https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=221555

I've had electrical problems with my V60 (a leaking screenwash pipe affecting the vehicle comms) however the earlier platform was far more seriously affected by electrical problems caused by water ingress due to poorly bonded windscreens.
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 16:56   #3
Dash300
High Grand Master Member

I have the XC60 SE Lux Nav VEA 181hp 8 speed auto 2015 and have only had 2 issues in over 90k miles from new. The well known Egr replaced by Volvo as a known issue and tyre pressure monitoring system which lived in an alternative dimension of it's own which I had disabled.
Apart from that it has been the most reliable and satisfying car I have ever owned. Far better than it's BMW predecessor which was a money pit from day one.

Last edited by Dash300; Mar 15th, 2019 at 19:46. Reason: added auto
Dash300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 18:08   #4
HDAV
Master Member

I’ve a 2017 D4 redesign lux nav FWD manual only thing I would say is look for an 8 speed auto with the 2.0 VEA motor rather than the 2.4 5 pot if you want economy all the AWD are the 2.4 but later FWD are the VEA 2.0

Last edited by HDAV; Mar 15th, 2019 at 18:12.
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote