Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2nd Row Rear Seat not Folding - Possible Cable Stretch

Views : 1963

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 9th, 2021, 20:12   #11
ArranS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendolfc View Post
When did you buy it. If the fault occurs within 6 months, it is up to them to prove it wasn't like that when you bought it. If you haven't sat on it too long, exercise your consumer rights with the supplying dealer. https://www.whatcar.com/news/your-le...your-car/n3307
Thanks for that, I bought it on 21st May 2021, so 6 months 21st this month. I originally had it booked in for the selling dealer to look at, but after they lied to my wife telling her I'd cancelled the loan car when she turned up, left her in the dealership for 30 minutes with my 3 month old daughter, to then tell her she still couldn't have a car to go home in, she's refused to go back to them. The car has been in and out of there I think 6 times since May with various problems and once to a different dealer. I don't want to sound like I'm being pedantic with small little faults, I've had the EML on twice, the infotainment screen crashing repeatedly, the fuel gauge stopped working, the surf key wouldn't work, it's never ending. And now I've got to deal with this. I'll try and persuade the wife to take it to the selling dealer and see if I can get a resolution to it.

Volvo have actually doubled their initial offer of 60% goodwill, but the warranty company are sticking to their guns and won't stump up the remaining 40%. No way am I paying over £500 for a new seat base to cover that myself.
Old Nov 10th, 2021, 10:33   #12
Bendolfc
Premier Member

Based on that if get back onto the supplying dealer and ask them to rectify or provide the proof of worked when they sold it. I don't think they have a leg to stand on.
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2021, 16:45   #13
ArranS

It's booked in for an hour to diagnose at the supplying dealer next week. They're clueless, he asked if it was under warranty as not showing as being so on the computer. The wife spoke to him and said, well we bought it from you in May so of course it is. I'll keep you posted on the outcome, but I'm not hopeful tbh.
Old Nov 20th, 2021, 23:25   #14
ArranS

UPDATE :

My wife took the car to the dealer we bought the car from on Thursday for an hour. They didn't mention a stretched cable, however they did mention that the cable was attached as it should be, so probably a mechanism issue that's caused it. But also the part isn't available separately so a complete seat base would be required as the previous dealer said. The service manager called the warranty provider and explained to them, they've asked for a video of the issue and they may want to inspect it themselves before agreeing to the claim. I'm still waiting for the dealer to call me back and let me know what the outcome is.
Old Dec 7th, 2021, 21:59   #15
ArranS

UPDATE

Selling dealer took a video of the seat and sent it off to the warranty company, who have now agreed to pay for a seat base replacement! Happy days! However they can't get the car booked in for 3 weeks.

Even worse news, today the engine management light came on again for the third time in 7 months. This car is killing me - by far the most unreliable vehicle I've owned.
Old Dec 8th, 2021, 06:45   #16
volvocamper
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArranS View Post
UPDATE

Selling dealer took a video of the seat and sent it off to the warranty company, who have now agreed to pay for a seat base replacement! Happy days! However they can't get the car booked in for 3 weeks.

Even worse news, today the engine management light came on again for the third time in 7 months. This car is killing me - by far the most unreliable vehicle I've owned.
I dont know if this will help you but I had an engine light come on in my 2018 XC90 D5. Dealer thought he had fixed it with software update but it kept returning. Turned out it was the Adblue port in the exhaust choc full of crystallised urea. He had to remove that part of the exhaust and flush it out physically. The SW update has prevented it happening again since (touch wood).
volvocamper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2021, 07:58   #17
ArranS

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvocamper View Post
I dont know if this will help you but I had an engine light come on in my 2018 XC90 D5. Dealer thought he had fixed it with software update but it kept returning. Turned out it was the Adblue port in the exhaust choc full of crystallised urea. He had to remove that part of the exhaust and flush it out physically. The SW update has prevented it happening again since (touch wood).
The first time it came on was for the powerpulse system, they thought it was a hose leak. They diagnosed, then booked it in for new hoses. But when they actually tested it before fitting the hoses they found it was the compressor. Another visit booked and they replaced the compressior. They a few months later, light back on and this time was a sensor chocked up, which was fixed the same day.

This time I think it's the PP again as I can hear what I think is the compressor kicking in and out every minute or two.
Old Dec 23rd, 2021, 22:04   #18
ArranS

UPDATE

It's exactly what I expected, the powerpulse is losing pressure again. Over 8 times the maximum allowance. Its going in for further diagnostic and hopefully a repair when the seat base is replaced next year.
Old Jan 16th, 2022, 20:50   #19
ArranS

UPDATE

Apparently the seat has been done. But they've had the car for 10 days now trying to fix the powerpulse. Thankfully the V60 CC B5p they've given us as a courtesy car is actually lovely to be in, look at and drive, so I'm not that bothered about it!
Old Jan 22nd, 2022, 17:03   #20
ArranS

Had the car back yesterday. 15 days in total. Seat base replaced and now working fine. Powerpulse valve replaced and I must admit it seems to pick up better from a standstill.