Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Service light comes on and goes out

Views : 1283

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 9th, 2015, 23:32   #11
Rick Barton
Master Member

If it was serviced by a dealer within the last year/10,000 miles you should take it back for them to reset the service light as they clearly forgot.

However.... I also have the Draper reset tool and I live about 6 miles away from you. In the unlikely event that Chris Rogers's advice doesn't work we could try to sort it out if you like. Don't take the bulb out though, that's a bodge.
Old Sep 22nd, 2020, 13:28   #12
stevepcar
Steve

Exclamation Service Reminder Light

I have a 1996 850 T5. It does not have a button under a cap in the display & the OBDII reader is under the coin tray. My service light comes on when I first start up & goes of after a couple of minutes. I read somewhere that a service light is an instant MOT fail. Q1 do they fail it if the light goes off after a period of time? Q2 Can I reset it with the DIY code reader as explained by JOD Spiro. Q3 If so can anybody tell me the procedure please. This is urgent as the MOT is tomorrow!!!! BTW I have recently done a service so this is just a reminder.
stevepcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2020, 14:57   #13
4x4
I roll

The service light reminder is not an MOT fail so whoever told you that should take a long walk off a short plank...

A DIY code reader won't reset the light, you need either VOL-FCR, which will also require a laptop and compatible OBDII cable.

Failing that if you can find a Draper 69007 reset tool (rare as hens teeth).

Best option is an Android phone and the 850 OBD-II app CLICK and this dongle from ebay CLICK
Volvo 850 GLT website
4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4x4 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 22nd, 2020, 18:19   #14
stevepcar
Steve

Default SErvice Light Reset

Thanks for that. My memory was playing tricks, it was the EML that I had seen was a fail, (obviously it would be).
I have an Iphone, so it proves having a phone that will wake you up, give you a bed bath & cook your breakfast, is not such a good thing. The missus has an Android, which I often bug her about, so I'll have to ask nicely if I can use it. Humble pie tastes so bitter.
stevepcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2020, 12:35   #15
4x4
I roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepcar View Post
Thanks for that. My memory was playing tricks, it was the EML that I had seen was a fail, (obviously it would be).
I have an Iphone, so it proves having a phone that will wake you up, give you a bed bath & cook your breakfast, is not such a good thing. The missus has an Android, which I often bug her about, so I'll have to ask nicely if I can use it. Humble pie tastes so bitter.
Someone of the forum selling a Draper 69007 CLICK HERE
Volvo 850 GLT website
4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote