Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

A cracking vehicle but D4 VEA Engine coolant temperature

Views : 972

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 23rd, 2018, 15:15   #1
ydnaharap
ydnaharap

Default A cracking vehicle but D4 VEA Engine coolant temperature

A cracking vehicle but:-

A recent 2nd service @ 16k miles had the vehicle software updated. The engine coolant pre service temperatures subject to gentile driving and the operation of the a/c was from 76c to 46C when idling all considered abnormal along with poor fuel consumption.

The loan car same DT lesser PS engine only 500 mls had identical low Engine coolant temperature characteristics but quiet engine.

The new software of the service has resulted in the engine operating temperature ranging form 92 c to 76C now when idling that i would consider normal with better fuel consumption.

I am concerned the sludge observed(Condensation due to low ECT) in my oil filler cap and valve cover prior to service and my now comparative noisy clattery engine when compared with the loan car indicate the vehicle has as a result of the abnormally low engine operating temperature undergone excessive engine wear over the vehicles mileage of 16k

I believe the thermostat and and water pump are both electric and variable and controlled via the Ecu.

Any technical insight or advice on the subject from anyone would be appreciated.

Thank you.

The service also replaced the EGR cooler/larger pipe (DTC EGR fault), the leaking oil crank seal (DTC recorded oil overfilled), clutch pedal replaced for noise/unheard. Checked/adjusted the wheel alignment due one wheel tyre feathering as a result of an assured accident damage repair that was carried out unacceptably It awaits a door scrim to be replaced not that of the accident damage but due to the misalignment of the repair panel and the scrim distorted bodged to suit. The 2nd repair attempt almost got panels right but did not replace my distorted scrim so far.
ydnaharap is offline   Reply With Quote