Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 340 1987

Views : 698

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 17th, 2018, 08:59   #1
March1971dogs

Default Volvo 340 1987

Hi all
Looking for bit of advice my mothers completely immaculate mint condition 340 1987 low milage car is now looking to be sold any ideas where best to sell it ? Is ebay the best route for us or should i advertise in a classic magazine or is there a volvo magazine it really is a shame as it is in showroom condition
Really apreciate any ideas pete
March1971dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2018, 11:03   #2
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

I have had good results in the past using the web-based 'carandclassic.co.uk' site. For print based advertisements I have used 'Classic Car Weekly' with similarly good results. Both of these are free for private advertisers.

You could also try advertising the car FOC in the appropriate section on here and in print in the VOC magazine. You have nothing to lose, but bear in mind that those reading such ads may already own more than one example of the marque. Pictures and a reasonable indication of price are expected and always appreciated.

Personally, I would steer clear of certain other internet based web sites, as there seem to be a lot of 'chancers' out there! Using C&C and / or CCW as mentioned will enable you to target enthusiasts who may just be looking for exactly what you are offering!

Hope this helps. Regards. John.
Old Mar 17th, 2018, 12:50   #3
eternal optimist
Master Member

I don’t know how KGF operate, but they’re a Peterborough based dealer in classics. They tend to sell really sound cars which they present beautifully. I think they operate on a commission sale basis so you might not get as much as a private sale, but it might be an easier process. I have no connection with them, I just look at the pics on their website and drool slightly.
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2018, 13:02   #4
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Try it here first, somebody like me might be interested....
biggbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2018, 13:49   #5
March1971dogs

Default 340

hi
thanks for getting in touch
mums owned it from new
its a VOLVO 340 1.4L, 1988
based in st Neots cambs
absolutely immaculate only two pieces wrong the lumber support knob is broken but still have it and the Volvo badge on the wing is not stuck on but still got it ready to be stuck back
no rust it looks showroom
I think got 44k on clock service history she even got all the tax discs from new too
we open to offers I can put forward to her ??
dark blue colour I can get some photo if you want tomorrow if you email me your email
thanks Peter
Old Mar 17th, 2018, 14:22   #6
eternal optimist
Master Member

Manual or auto? Three or five door?
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2018, 16:03   #7
biggbn
I've Been Banned

The problem with these cars is they do not have much value, yet occasionally one makes decent money. I bought an old 343 with a factory lpg kit and about 20k miles if memory serves for a few hundred pounds, albeit a few years ago. They tend to be low mileage , and even recently a few pop up on gumtree for not much loot. Having noticed how far away you are from the frozen north, my interest would be limited, but I would suggest a full, descriptive advert on here and be realistic in your expectations. I will send you my email regardless. Sounds like a genuine wee car. I have had luck with eBay over the years. Also, be aware of you want a sympathetic home for the car, voc may be your best bet as these cars are becoming popular with retro modifiers and drifters. I have no problem with either of these activities, you might!!
Old Mar 17th, 2018, 16:17   #8
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by March1971dogs View Post
hi
thanks for getting in touch
mums owned it from new
its a VOLVO 340 1.4L, 1988
based in st Neots cambs
absolutely immaculate only two pieces wrong the lumber support knob is broken but still have it and the Volvo badge on the wing is not stuck on but still got it ready to be stuck back
no rust it looks showroom
I think got 44k on clock service history she even got all the tax discs from new too
we open to offers I can put forward to her ??
dark blue colour I can get some photo if you want tomorrow if you email me your email
thanks Peter
Sounds lovely. I have sent email address just in case it's irresistible!!
Old Mar 17th, 2018, 18:29   #9
March1971dogs

manual veichle ,three door pe19 post code ( one lady only my mum lol ) Pete
email me any questions I can send photos tomo marchcarpentry@hotmail.com Pete

Last edited by March1971dogs; Mar 17th, 2018 at 18:40.
Old Mar 17th, 2018, 19:36   #10
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Email sent.