Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

ATE or Teves Brake System

Views : 1185

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 7th, 2023, 20:36   #1
bigshorty48

Default ATE or Teves Brake System

Hi Everyone

Tried searching the forum for an answer to a query I have but couldn’t find anything relevant.

Can anyone tell me how to find out what brake system my 2008 C30 2.4i SE Lux Petrol Auto uses please? Trying to find a set if brake pads and I have a choice between ATE or Teves type pads. I know my C30 uses 300mm brake discs if that helps.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated
bigshorty48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2023, 20:55   #2
Teddy1975

Only way to see that is to inspect the parts physically.

ATE is a very good brand for brakes, and Teves is as far as I know, just another name for the same parts. If you want to go for something slightly cheaper, but still good, you can also buy Bosch pads.
Teddy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teddy1975 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 7th, 2023, 21:54   #3
Simmy
Premier Member

ate and teves are the same thing Alfred Tevez now owned by the continental group .of company's.to keep it easy and simple order off one of the genuine volvo parts suppliers on ebay. lots of main dealers have ebay shops just quote your reg no or vin to ensure correct parts fitment prices are good some even have a discount code.for forum members.
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post: