Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New V60 four weeks in

Views : 2341

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 21st, 2019, 19:13   #11
crispy514

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl1972 View Post

3. Volvo on call - is it worth the fuss - despite a few phone calls to the dealer, my phone and my car won't complete the set up.

Aside from the above pontifications really enjoying the new motor, it's like a space ship compared to the old model.

Thanks.
Just got mine and had the exact same problem. App wouldn't talk to car. 2 things to do. Firstly make sure that the car is in an area of good mobile connectivity. Secondly.. Make sure that your phone is NOT connected to the car. Make sure the car is NOT using any internet connection. Ie, wifi, in car modem, tethered via bluetooth or USB. Then follow instructions on app. Mine connected after 2 mins then. At which point you can go back to whatever method you were using for internet connectivity in the car.
crispy514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 11:56   #12
owl1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdee View Post
How's the mpg with the d4?
I'm getting around 46 mpg on average, taken from car trip.
owl1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 11:57   #13
owl1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy514 View Post
Just got mine and had the exact same problem. App wouldn't talk to car. 2 things to do. Firstly make sure that the car is in an area of good mobile connectivity. Secondly.. Make sure that your phone is NOT connected to the car. Make sure the car is NOT using any internet connection. Ie, wifi, in car modem, tethered via bluetooth or USB. Then follow instructions on app. Mine connected after 2 mins then. At which point you can go back to whatever method you were using for internet connectivity in the car.
Great, thank you I shall try this.
owl1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2019, 17:06   #14
crispy514

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl1972 View Post
Great, thank you I shall try this.
Curious as to how you got on? Did it work?
crispy514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2019, 14:22   #15
aDrySandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy514 View Post
Curious as to how you got on? Did it work?
Also wondering.

Got my V60 today (at last) and cannot get the app connected for love nor money.

EDIT: Can confirm this works.
Thank you very much!

Last edited by aDrySandwich; Feb 20th, 2019 at 15:50. Reason: Tried advice, it worked
aDrySandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2019, 16:54   #16
jonnyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by aDrySandwich View Post
Also wondering.

Got my V60 today (at last) and cannot get the app connected for love nor money.

EDIT: Can confirm this works.
Thank you very much!

Its exactly as described but it takes a while to setup. For me, following the instructions, it took around 3 to 4 minutes to setup.
Old Feb 20th, 2019, 19:20   #17
DangerMUK
VOC Member

Was going to start a new post but I'll just say it here instead;

Saw a V60 in the flesh today not in a showroom just darting around London and I have to say its the best modern Volvo they've designed to date and the best looking estate I've personally seen in recent years.

Anyone else's thoughts?

My only slight issue with it isn't the design, its the limited range of engine options we seem to be getting in the UK.

Possibly XC90
DangerMUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2019, 21:07   #18
niva441

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMUK View Post
My only slight issue with it isn't the design, its the limited range of engine options we seem to be getting in the UK.
My issue is the odd limitations on options in the UK. I'd have ordered a Cross Country as soon as they were announced but needed a seat cushion extension - only available on very limited models.
niva441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 09:17   #19
LordLucan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMUK View Post
Was going to start a new post but I'll just say it here instead;

Saw a V60 in the flesh today not in a showroom just darting around London and I have to say its the best modern Volvo they've designed to date and the best looking estate I've personally seen in recent years.

Anyone else's thoughts?

Despite having ordered the V90 instead, I agree. The deciding factor for me was the extra standard kit that came with the V90 for similar lease cost.
Old Feb 21st, 2019, 09:50   #20
jonnyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by niva441 View Post
My issue is the odd limitations on options in the UK. I'd have ordered a Cross Country as soon as they were announced but needed a seat cushion extension - only available on very limited models.
Limitations exist in the UK right now due to the Brexit deal. If you compare the configurator tool of any European country and the UK, you will see that we are able to choose a lot of options that are only available in packs in the UK or not available at all.
Regarding the engines, similar. S60 does not have a Diesel engine available and the V60 has the Diesel option only in some countries.