Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Seat Belt Safety Recall

Views : 1586

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 2nd, 2020, 10:26   #1
Dash300
High Grand Master Member

Default Seat Belt Safety Recall

For info.
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/own/mai.../notifications.

Maybe the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about!
Dash300 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dash300 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 2nd, 2020, 10:44   #2
Chrisv60

I've just looked on the GOV MOT check website and sure enough mine says outstanding recall found. Since it's had all the other recalls done I presume it's for this. Aside from the engine recalls, this is the second one I've had related to the safety system.
Old Aug 3rd, 2020, 00:25   #3
Lonsdale

Got my letter last Friday, advised to book car in for December.
Lonsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2020, 00:57   #4
jasmith44
jasmith44

Not very urgent then.I took my s60 in last week for the intake side recall and they said it was the first they had done and as far as i am aware the recall went out last year.Nothing said about the seatbelts.
Old Aug 3rd, 2020, 14:07   #5
pzctjf

I bought a 2019 V60 a couple of weeks back, it turns out the Volvo dealer sold it with an active safety recall on it which is a big no no. I spoke to Volvo HQ customer services who confirmed it was a recall for the auto breaking system and required a software update.

To be fair to the dealer they pulled it straight back in and sorted it. So much for the Volvo Selekt (ex Volvo HQ car) full software update promise prior to sale though.

The only thing that annoyed me was that after going in for a service it ended up with 3 deep scratches on the bonnet that I only realised when I got it home. Looked like some tool had been dropped on it tried the Volvo touch up paint which was terrible so ended up with a colour match spray from a local car finisher. Struggled to blend the paint and lacquer in a small area so ended up doing the whole middle section of the bonnet. Looks great now but not what I wanted to be doing to a pretty new car.

My only other issue is that the car came without the dealer service stamp as it was transferred from another branch. They gave me a print out to confirm the last service but said they couldn’t retrospectively stamp the book. I’m hoping this doesn’t cause me future problems....

Out of interest though if anybody knows. The car was first registered in June 2019. When the dealer got it they serviced it in Feb 2020. Do I need to service again in Feb 2021 or at it’s official 2 year service interval June 2021? It’s only done 12k miles so unlikely to hit the 2 year service mileage.
pzctjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2020, 11:07   #6
HaddiXV60
East Lothian resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsdale View Post
Got my letter last Friday, advised to book car in for December.
Same here, letter received today, book appointment for December
Old Aug 4th, 2020, 20:19   #7
Baal

Quote:
An indicator of a potential issue is damage to the rubber sleeve in which the cable is housed. While we will work to have all affected cars corrected as soon as possible, if you are concerned, you can contact your retailer for a visual inspection.
Yup mine is torn, still waiting for the dealer to send a nice memo.
Baal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2020, 16:02   #8
Charlie70

Got my letter today. "No parts until end November"
So I guess I should avoid needing the safety device until then.
Charlie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2020, 00:38   #9
Chrisv60

Got my letter today whilst it was in for a service. They checked the belt and said come back in December.

It also had a safety note for a bleeder coolant hose. That's due in in December as well.
Old Aug 25th, 2020, 15:19   #10
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie70 View Post
Got my letter today. "No parts until end November"
So I guess I should avoid needing the safety device until then.
Heh heh!
Indeed - got my letter this morning...called local dealer....not taking bookings until December, & they have no idea if it is a 5 minute job or a 2 hour one.

Is it just me that wonders why Volvo UK don't figure that kind of thing out for their dealer before sending customers running to them?!
Hey ho.....set myself a diary appt to call back in November!