Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 Recall

Views : 196965

Replies : 51

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 18th, 2008, 08:49   #1
magni

Post XC90 Recall

Volvo France are contacting owners of XC90s with 5 cylinder Diesel engines produced in 2007 / 2008, with a recall notice regarding posibility of damage to a flexible hose on the steering assist.

Repair is being carried out at no charge by Volvo. The recall letter is brief and my XC90 is due to go later in the week, so I may be able to find out a little more details.
magni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magni For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 21st, 2008, 21:32   #2
magni

Default XC90 Recall update

The check takes about 15mins, and involves the repositioning of a flexible pipe on the power steering and the addition of an anti-rubbing plastic coil fitted around the pipe.

Magnimike
magni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to magni For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 16:09   #3
Ron_XC90
Master Member

Not sure if this has been posted before, but there is a very usefull site with recalls for every make and model:
http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp
Ron_XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ron_XC90 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 20:17   #4
Ron_XC90
Master Member

I only received a letter from garage last week, had the recall caried out few days ago.
Why does it take 5 Mths before we hear anything in UK?
Ron_XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ron_XC90 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 01:14   #5
fosh100

dunno but all it is, is a cable tie put on to a power steering hose, takes like 5 seconds to do lol
fosh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 20:19   #6
Rufe
TRADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_XC90
Why does it take 5 Mths before we hear anything in UK?
We are a completly different market, and what happens in one market does not automatically happen in the others.

It would be safe to assume that there have been times where the Uk has had recalls before other regions. I imagine the situation is monitered and assessed in full in the market that first has the issue before it filters to other markets.

<<< FOR ALL ENQUIRIES PHONE: 01792 790066 / 01792 784272 >>>
* YOU MUST QUOTE 'C3' WHEN CALLING FOR OUR BEST PRICES! (weekdays 9am to 5pm) *
Rufe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 16:00   #7
tassos

Red face Problems with XC 90 T6 2004

Messrs Volvo Cars,
Athens, May 7th, 2009

I am the owner of a Volvo XC 90 T6, 2.9 which I bought from Sarakakis S.A., the local distributor of Volvo in Greece. The car was a company car for some high executive of the Group and I bought it in Oct. 2006 with 45,000 km.

Ever since I have lost my peace with the problems arising almost every week with the car.

In August 2007 with 54,000 km I had on my holidays a full failure of the automatic transition system. The car had to stay in service for more than three weeks. Eventually the car was given back to me for use late September 2007, with a new nightmare due to the extended leakeage of a pink fluid which has turned my Garage to an oil factory. I have returned the car for more than ten times to the service and I was told that they need to tight up the screws, needless to say that the transmit ion was not performing as before the trouble. Very soon after the fluid leakeage another problem arose with the light which indicates malfunction of the lamda sensors. I was told to wait till they receive instructions from the factory. The car in December had a full service according to the manufacturer’s instructions. None of the above problems was solved, as I had to bear with the problem.

The last weeks the transmition system was chocking and I had to take it back to the service.

The new findings are: The transmition system needs to be replaced and the three lamda sensors as well. The estimated cost close to Euro 10.000. After my objections they proposed to take a cost of Euro 3.500 - 4000. My comments that the replacement transmition system never operated properly, they had no very much to say.

As you can understand I have invested euro 60,000 on a luxurious Volvo car, back in 2006 and ever since I have lost my sleep and my peace, needless to say the cost and the inconvenience, as I am a heavy travelling consultant.

I want to believe that your serious Company with the excellent name and dream car for many people will not disappoint me this time or another time in the future.

I am looking forward to your kind cooperation and assistance.

Sincerely Yours,

Tassos Moumouris

Car Licence Plate: IZI 9559 VOLVO XC 90 T6 2.9
tassos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tassos For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 18:05   #8
car09

how dangerous is this recall?
car09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2009, 18:06   #9
car09

Default xc90 french recall

just got a 2008 xc90 in france How dangerous is this recall for the steering hose?
car09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to car09 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 14:20   #10
Coconut
Older than Junior Member

Default Just received my recall notice !

I purchased my 08 plate XC90 earlier this year, and have TODAY - 18/12/09 received a recall notice relating to a further inspection after the original recall work was carried out. The letter states :

Quote:
In March 2008, Volvo Car Corporation launched a recall concerning a problem with one of the power steering hoses on a number of XC90s. There was a risk the hose may have come into contact with the engine-cooling fan. As a consequence, the hose may have become damaged and subsequently leaked, resulting in a loss of power steering assistance.

Your vehicle has been recognised as being involved in this original recall where a modification to the power steering hose was carried out. However, Volvo's quality follow-up procedures have identified that this modification has not been successful on a number of vehicles.

Due to the above, Volvo has investigated this concern and decided to launch this recall to thoroughly inspect the vehicles.

Please contact......... etc.
I haven't had any problems ( that I know of ) and on reflection, despite initially being concerned, I am actually quite pleased as it shows Volvo are on the ball with their quality control and follow up checks after such recalls.

Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coconut For This Useful Post: