Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Problems with classicswede

Views : 41533

Replies : 149

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 17:46   #121
mollusk
VOC Member

As I understand it the moderators have removed Dai's status as a trader (on the forum) and banned him from posting until various questions have been answered and issues resolved to the satisfaction of the mods. This I assume to mean when a resolution is found to the current "high profile" cases.

I have no axe to grind with any of the protagonists involved and personally have no issues with Dai (no I don't have an LPG conversion but I have bought from him without problems). And he does have satisfied customers.

Plainly however at least two customers are very unhappy and (if posts are to be believed) with just cause.

Nobody reeally minds a trader screwing up - it's how things are put right that's important. Head in sand, bluster, and blaming the customer doesn't cut it I'm afraid! For the other side a public forum is perhaps not the best place to practice being US style prosecutor!.

Anyway. Result to the away team, Dai has been banned, so let everybody calm down and hope problems can be resolved to everybody's acceptance, if not satisfaction.

Mollusk, on my ipad, at a Days Inn, in North Yorkshire, looking forward to playing steam trains with the 300 series gang.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mollusk For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 1st, 2012, 11:07   #122
Mr Angry Pants
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrider311271 View Post
At the end of the day this bloke has a business albeit part time even tho looking at his website you would think its a proper business with proper business premises, the point here is there are 2 cars that havent had the jobs done properly, both customers have given him the chance to put things right yet he chooses to bury his head in the sand and say nothing is wrong. Please explain to me how this is right for a business owner???

As a business owner you know things go wrong from time to time and therefore should set funds aside for these events, as i have already said sometimes you have to take a loss to keep the customer happy and keep your reputation in tact. If your not prepared to sort a genuine problem out you dont deserve to have a business.

Just for the record i recomended Andy (Thanatos) take the car to VOSA as well as another couple of members.

Just a quick question for classic swede: have you ever seen a gas cylinder go off??

Please think carefully before you try to bull**** me, i have seen what happens and the aftermath. Compressed gas is not safe in any situation fact. And yes i am qualified to make statements about compressed gas and road regulation for the carriage of it.
I have seen the aftermath of a collision involving a vehicle fitted (correctly) with LPG, for me, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Having seen the photgraphs above of the Ford Explorer....WTF? Plastic cable ties, minimal ground clearance at the bottom of the tank, no bash protection......
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Angry Pants For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 22:09   #123
mad matt

i can,t belive that the forum has aloud this thread to run as it is a witch hunt and its only a few that are carring on and the thread should be removed from the forum as all the facts have not been shown on here and its wrong to stop dai from posting his side i think the club as handle it badly things need sorting out i feel this is not wot the forum is for!!!!! the witch hunters should be ashamed ov the selfs!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mad matt For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 22:31   #124
Thanatos
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad matt View Post
i can,t belive that the forum has aloud this thread to run as it is a witch hunt and its only a few that are carring on and the thread should be removed from the forum as all the facts have not been shown on here and its wrong to stop dai from posting his side i think the club as handle it badly things need sorting out i feel this is not wot the forum is for!!!!! the witch hunters should be ashamed ov the selfs!!!!
Dai had plenty of time to post his side as you say, as this is a thread for safety why should it not stay if it was your car and had done everything possible and it came down to this..

I agree the moderators should take out all the non relevant posts

But as Dai is a trader, he has to follow the rules as well as other traders and he did not.
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 22:33   #125
mad matt

as two piont 64 the vehicle would pass an mot as it is as the tanks and fuel lines a secured and tie raps are even accepted to hold brake pipes for mots i know this as i am a mot tester and just be on a refersher course and lpg was coverd on this and the use ov tie raps if you ask vosa they we say the same !!
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 22:35   #126
mad matt

there are no real safty things here just you going off on one
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 22:39   #127
Thanatos
VOC Member

How about an LPG tank with NO visable plate
How about the fact the tank is to low
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 22:39   #128
gillberry
VOC Member

Quote:
Are we to take it that you know Dai with Angelsey being the small place it is and you being in the same trade ?

1968 Amazon estate (Gracie).
2003 Vauxhall astra estate (her car)
2009 XC90 (Jo) .
Not forgetting 1967 Cheltenham Nyala (caravan)
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 22:46   #129
mad matt

the tank as to how it does not come in to the mot test and the tank id is not anythink we look at as part ov the mot! they are loads ov land rovers with the tank layout and the tank id can't be seen on them. with lpg there are a lot ov false info about fitting ov them and i am not a lpg fitter

Last edited by mad matt; Sep 2nd, 2012 at 22:52.
Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 22:52   #130
deathrider311271
I've Been Banned

Quote:
your talking out your arse mate, your not qualified to say if it safe or not, your a bloody MOT tester nothing more, as for VOSA you seem to know very little in how they operate and how they would view an install like these 2. I wouldnt be at all suprised if they dont take Andys (Thanatos) dads car off the road purely due to SAFETY issues
Closed Thread