Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Problems with classicswede

Views : 41270

Replies : 149

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2012, 21:59   #41
Father Adam
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
And what point are you trying to make with those links??
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 23:22   #42
sneakypenguin

First of, legal definition :to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation.

You've posted a link that gives people more ammo against you and a link about libel and defamation. Now in order for this to be sucessfuly tried, be it via civil or criminal routes, requires the claiment's reputation to be harmed. I would say you've done a pretty good job of that yourself with this shoddy and sub-standard work.

I also see that you haven't tried to defend yourself, this speaks volumes as you can't. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, for the love of whichever diety you pray too, stop doing these conversions, your going to end up killing someone.

SonyVaio - I couldn't agree with you more.

mick
Dice/Vida
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 23:28   #43
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesdad View Post
And what point are you trying to make with those links??

Read the thread and read the forum rules.
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 23:32   #44
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakypenguin View Post
I would say you've done a pretty good job of that yourself with this shoddy and sub-standard work.

mick
And where exactly is this sub standard work?

A faulty part is a faulty part. Would you blame a garage for a faulty spark plug?

I know it is not the same but both are beyond the control of teh person fitting them.
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 23:43   #45
deathrider311271
I've Been Banned

You are running a business even tho its only part time, by running a business you make a profit on each job therefore when something goes wrong as in these 2 cases, surely it would be better to bite the bullet and do the agreed work to a satisfactory standard and end up with 2 reasonably happy customers than 2 very angry customers.
Take the loss and sort these jobs out properly.

1 happy customer will tell maybe 1 or 2 people about good service
1 unhappy customer will tell 10-15 people of the bad/negative service.

These are facts, anyone with half a brain would know which option is best.

Unfortunatly with ANY business you sometimes have to take a loss and you have to budget for this or risk court action which if proven will cost you conciderably more than just getting on with putting it right.
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 00:21   #46
sneakypenguin

For starters charging someone for the more expensive Keihin injectors then actually fitting the much cheaper hana injectors, giving a car back that will splutter or not run on lpg and thats just off the top of my head.

Of course I wouldn't, you can get a duff batch (tho lpg tanks are more stringently designed, tested and manufactured). All reputable garages have systems in place for duff parts, phone supplier, they send out new parts, you send back duff ones, 2-3 days max, they wouldn't string it out for 3 weeks.

mick
Dice/Vida
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 00:30   #47
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrider311271 View Post
You are running a business even tho its only part time, by running a business you make a profit on each job therefore when something goes wrong as in these 2 cases, surely it would be better to bite the bullet and do the agreed work to a satisfactory standard and end up with 2 reasonably happy customers than 2 very angry customers.
Take the loss and sort these jobs out properly.

1 happy customer will tell maybe 1 or 2 people about good service
1 unhappy customer will tell 10-15 people of the bad/negative service.

These are facts, anyone with half a brain would know which option is best.

Unfortunatly with ANY business you sometimes have to take a loss and you have to budget for this or risk court action which if proven will cost you conciderably more than just getting on with putting it right.
You are right. If there is a problem then I will always sort it out, that is the way I work and in both cases that is what I have done as far as possible.

For Andrew's dad I've put a lot of time into finding a tank in the UK, paid out for delivery and return of the faulty tank. Using a tank of another brand then resulted in having to remake the brackets etc and put all of today into doing it. I even agreed to deliver the car back to them.

In the other case I have paid out for a auto electrican/engine diagnostics company (ex volvo) to check the car out. Fitted a new set of plugs even though the running fault was nothing to do with the LPG. I redid the injector brackets, fitted new type rails that are better than the old ones. I even gave teh guy a free engine mount because I spotted that the one on the car was split.
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 10:48   #48
Father Adam
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
Read the thread and read the forum rules.
I'm well aware of the thread as I've been contributing to it. Andy (Thanatos) must have been pretty desperate to have posted this on a public forum Dai; the same as the other guy who had problems with one of your conversions.

You are the cause of these threads being started, it's just that your ego won't allow you to see it. You have caused a lot of people a lot of grief and have wasted their times through your greed and incompetence.

Pointing to other people's behaviour does not excuse your own when you were the cause in the first place. Do the right thing and either compensate them or rectify the problems, just be mature about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Father Adam For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 8th, 2012, 14:32   #49
DC850
VOC Member

I have only on thing to say on this is Classicswede LPGA approved if so take it up through them. If not why the hell use someone that is not approved.
I would not buy a LPG converted car without the certificate that LPGA approved installer would provide. Some insurance companies and DVLA often ask for this cert.

DC850
The Following User Says Thank You to DC850 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 12th, 2012, 12:07   #50
LPG-T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC850 View Post
...I would not buy a LPG converted car without the certificate that LPGA approved installer would provide. Some insurance companies and DVLA often ask for this cert.

DC850
Hi DC850
I think you mean UKLPG now (LPGA is now the local Polish Gas Association, I believe!) http://www.uklpg.org/ or http://www.drivelpg.co.uk/ and for those interested, you don't get a certificate any more. You get an entry on the UKLPG site which is harder to forge than a piece of paper (http://www.drivelpg.co.uk/advice-and...icle-register/) this is now what the insurers check.

For the rest of the thread contributors:
I won't defend Dai, or be part of any "Dai-bashing" - its not my place to.

I've spent some time now researching the industry as a customer and I have to say that LPG conversions *always* require servicing after the first 1,000 miles as do all new cars (after their running in period).

Autogas parts are prone to failure or defects as are most manufactured items (you only need to look at the space programme to understand that even the most stringent manufacturing processes can be prone to error - whether components are tested or not) - another reason for supplier warranty, 1,000 mile service and periodic servicing. The initial and periodic maintenance is there precisely because customers and suppliers need to be confident and problems need to be identified and fixed.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen some real horror stories including cars burnt out at the side of the road so you really need to be careful of your choice of components and supplier.

Would I buy an LPG system without warranty? no.
Would I complain if my LPG conversion had a problem in the warranty period? yes.
Did I research my choice of Autogas Fitter? yes.
Do I have a realistic expectation of my LPG conversion? yes.

I had my conversion done by Gaspower UK (www.gaspoweruk.co.uk) in June and wanted to see the 1,000 mile service (which came up under 3 weeks later). Ben allowed me to watch as he went round and carried his safety checks and installation checks and explained what he was up to. 45 minutes later I drove off knowing I had no leaks, nothing had rattled loose and that the system was working well (all things that my research had highlighted I should get done).

I've now done 4,000+ miles and dropped in unannounced this Friday and Ben was more than happy to give the car the "once over". He checked my car and LPG ECUs for errors and even leaned off the electronic valve lube as it was running slightly too rich.

I'd prefer to see customer complaints handled face-to-face giving any supplier the chance to rectify things. In my working life (IT consultant) this is how I work.

I always say that you measure an organisation not always on how perfect their service is first time round but rather on how they resolved issues that came up and how I felt about that.

I'd request that the mods close this thread down and that the thread starter posts after the issues they experienced have been looked at properly and hopefully fixed - I'm not sure trial by forum post is in any way fair.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LPG-T5 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread