Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo BT Phone P2v2 - Phone Module (PHM) Bluetooth update

Views : 86168

Replies : 411

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 24th, 2020, 20:40   #301
marekbm

the time to change the update process.

v2020-05-24_1
news:
- an option to activate bootloader has disappeared from the setting (see the new steps bellow). now you cannot activate it by mistake.
- the bootloader version has disappeared from the setting menu
- you see the syncing status after it finished (ok, error) for 20 seconds.

fixed:
- if device has disconnected during the syncing then sync status did not disappear.

the new update process (this or later versions)::
- disconnect all devices or just keep the device which you want to use for the update
- for the easier observation what is happening show the operator name on the dashboard (so you see "Volvo BT" or the name of the connected device). on the radio select source used by the bluetooth module.
- send the "boot/bootloader_p2v2.btb" file via bluetooth
- after it is properly sent then you see the bootloader version on the dashboard "vYYYY-MM-DD" and after a while you see "insert sim" message. on the radio the error appears. if you see "BTLDR XX then use a different device to update. if nothing happend after you send the file the you have sent a wrong file.
- wait at around 5 seconds and send the "btphone_p2v2.btb" file
- if firmware is received properly then the bloetooth module reboots to its new firmware. if something wrong (wrong file, communication error) then the bluetooth module stays in bootloader. it leave the bootloader only if proper firmware is properly received.

syncing note:
syncing error appears even if phonebook sharing is not enabled on the connected device. and also after the pairing. if you have iOS then do not forget to enable all options (phonebook, dialed, received and missed calls).
Old Jun 23rd, 2020, 21:22   #302
marekbm

v2020-06-23_1

news:
- if not possible to readout call history then it does not cause a syncing error.
Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 18:51   #303
chmk

Marek,
For approx half a year I've been a very happy user of your P2v2, I love what you did, and how you develop it.
It's one of the best retrofits out there.
However, after the latest update contact sync stopped working.
It shows sync ok, but when a try to get the contacts list it stays at "please wait".
When I disconnect my phone the settings "contact list" is there with no problem.
If I turn off contact sync I see three "contacts"! Pairing! Microphone and! Handsfree
After downgrade to April update its back functioning properly.
I use a Huawei p20 with the latest Android 10,
My p2v2 has a vw number 6.2.0. The car is a Volvo v70 2007 (one of the last ones) with a factory built phm.
Can you help me? If it helps, I own use dice and vdash as well.
Best regards, Tomek from Poland

Last edited by chmk; Jul 3rd, 2020 at 20:51.
chmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2020, 21:50   #304
cortinaterje

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmk View Post
Marek,
For approx half a year I've been a very happy user of your P2v2, I love what you did, and how you develop it.
It's one of the best retrofits out there.
However, after the latest update contact sync stopped working.
It shows sync ok, but when a try to get the contacts list it stays at "please wait".
When I disconnect my phone the settings "contact list" is there with no problem.
If I turn off contact sync I see three "contacts"! Pairing! Microphone and! Handsfree
After downgrade to April update its back functioning properly.
I use a Huawei p20 with the latest Android 10,
My p2v2 has a vw number 6.2.0. The car is a Volvo v70 2007 (one of the last ones) with a factory built phm.
Can you help me? If it helps, I own use dice and vdash as well.
Best regards, Tomek from Poland
Following this one.

Mine will only read out/sync contacts if the Hu is already set to the Bluetooth source when turning on the ignition and start engine. And if the auto streaming of music dont start before insert sim/please wait shows up then it does not read out the contacts anyway.
cortinaterje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2020, 23:05   #305
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmk View Post
probably the same think happening also to me on my P2 PHM (it is strange that it work without problem on P3 PHM with the same libs).
i have to scan the communication and check what the PHM requires (or it does not like). but on my P2 the "please wait" is not all the time. it take a realy long but after that the phonebook is available.
it is definitelly not ok. at the moment my car is not fully working so it will take a while to find an issue.
Old Jul 17th, 2020, 17:59   #306
JamieEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekbm View Post
i also have an "in-box" version. but it does not have an echo canceling so if radio volume is higher (during the call) then the other side hears itself. it is mainly focused to audio stream and the hands-free feature is not the best.
you can also try GROM or some others. devices which are connected only on MELBUS is not problem to buy.

my features (maybe others doe not have some):
- if proper radio source is not selected then the voice is not streamed into the radio (keeps in cellphone)
- if you select the proper radio source during the call then it is automaticaly forwarded to radio
- if the radio source is changed to different during the call then voice is automatically forwarded bact to cellphone.
- call: accept by "next" button, rejected/hang up by "previous" button (if proper radio source selected)
- supported radio sources: CD-CHANGER, MD-CHANGER (HU-x0x) with track info, SAT (HU-x5x) with track info
This sounds ideal for what I want. I currently have a unit similar to the GROM, however it does not allow rewind/ff or track title and artist display, I assume yours will do this as demonstrated? Do you know if it is possible to retrofit the phone module to the car in any way? Thanks!
JamieEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2020, 19:05   #307
marekbm

the funny is that due to this retrofit some people wants to add the PHM into the car. the paradox is that before it was vice versa .
it is possible. one man in the czechia did it a few times.
somebody asked on my thread on czechia volvo forum and his answer was something like this:
check if cables are prepared (has to be, if not then it is hard to do it). a non-plugged green connector should be behind the radio. also non-plugged connector under the drivers seat (for speaker) has to be.
you have to buy:
- a headrest with speaker.
- the PHM for your MY (bacause at least 3 non-compatible types exist!).
- microphone. located in back side mirror.
- phone buttons on steering wheel. not mandatory but recommended. not the same connector for all MYs.
- the headset in armrest (not mandatory). if you do not use it then probably some bypass has to be done othervice PHM expects that it is in use and you have to manually forward each call to the headrest.

if you install all of this then you have to update the car configuration via VDASH (d5t5.com). after that it should start operate and you can do the retrofit by this bluetooh module.
Old Jul 17th, 2020, 19:15   #308
JamieEC

That is probably a lot more money and effort than I am willing to spend as it would be cheaper to just buy another one with it factory fitted.

I am still interested in the stand alone box as previously mentioned. How much is it from you and where could I buy one?
I take it rewind and fast forward work as demonstrated in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9UFFg87syI

Thanks
Old Jul 26th, 2020, 15:00   #309
JamieEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekbm View Post
i also have an "in-box" version. but it does not have an echo canceling so if radio volume is higher (during the call) then the other side hears itself. it is mainly focused to audio stream and the hands-free feature is not the best.
you can also try GROM or some others. devices which are connected only on MELBUS is not problem to buy.

my features (maybe others doe not have some):
- if proper radio source is not selected then the voice is not streamed into the radio (keeps in cellphone)
- if you select the proper radio source during the call then it is automaticaly forwarded to radio
- if the radio source is changed to different during the call then voice is automatically forwarded bact to cellphone.
- call: accept by "next" button, rejected/hang up by "previous" button (if proper radio source selected)
- supported radio sources: CD-CHANGER, MD-CHANGER (HU-x0x) with track info, SAT (HU-x5x) with track info

Is this available for purchase?
Old Jul 27th, 2020, 00:02   #310
marekbm

i am not sure. there were some pieces on the stock (but not on web). so send the email to d5t5 (info <at> d5t5.com) and try to ask. i know that there are some unassembled boards so it is possible to assembly it on-demand but the question is the price. today competition (grom, imiv, ...) has probably better price.

regarding the radio type (common MELBUS features):
if you have hu-x0x: you are able to use CD-CHANGER or MD-CHANGER mode. the text is available if MD-CHANGER mode is used. rewind/ff work on both modes even on the steering wheel.
if you have hu-x5x: you are able to use CD-CHANGER or SAT mode. the text is available if SAT mode is used. rewind/ff only not work on the steering wheel if SAT mode is used (only directly on the radio) but in other cases it works. this is probably the radio bug because it does not send events.

Tags
bluetooth handsfree radio