Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo UK World Record Attempt March 2019

Views : 91523

Replies : 257

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 5th, 2020, 14:37   #211
stephenevans99
Team TorqueVolvo

Default VOLVO600 NEW LOCATION - ELVINGTON 27th June 2021

You may have read in various press announcements and media coverage that Bruntingthorpe has recently been acquired by Cox Automotive.

As an event team we have had several meetings with the team based at Bruntingthorpe and our last meeting with Cox Automotive in mid June confirmed that we will not be able to host the Volvo600, 2021 record attempt at the Bruntingthorpe Proving Grounds.

TorqueVolvo is 100% committed to the setting a new Guinness World Record for the Largest Parade of Volvo cars in 2021. We remain equally passionate about raising more than £10,000 for the British Heart Foundation as part of completing the challenge.

Therefore, we have been working behind the scenes to understand how and where we could host the event.

We are very pleased to confirm that the Volvo600 GWR attempt will move to be hosted at the ex RAF airbase at Elvington near York on Sunday 27th June 2021.

Elvington boasts a 3000m runway and 50 acre hardstanding apron.

We feel Elvington will be the place where we will successfully set the new World Record in 2021.

We hope that those of you that have already bought an event pass can still make the date and new location. Please hold onto your Event Pass, lanyard and arrival rule card and we will post to you in 2021 an addtional event card to confirm entry.

If you cannot make the date and new location, please do get in touch with the admin team and we will of course offer a full refund.

The address of the Elvington airfield is
RAF Elvington
Elvington Airfield
Yorkshire
YO41 4AU

Several members of the event team have been to Elvington in recent weeks to assess the site and make alterations to our event operations manual.

Whilst onsite, they took the time to piece together a short video which highlights the progress we’ve made in raising money for the BHF charity and should give an understanding of what the venue looks and feels like.

I can report from my own first hand experience that it’s a awesome venue and I’m very, very confident this time round in 2021, that we will be successful in not only setting a new record but we will also have a fantastic and fun filled day.

Finally we would like to thank Matt England and the Bruntingthorpe team for their help and encouragement over previous years and we sincerely wish the Bruntingthorpe team well with their new ventures.
stephenevans99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 5th, 2020, 15:39   #212
Simmy
Premier Member

steven evans your computer skills are much better than mine
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2020, 16:31   #213
stephenevans99
Team TorqueVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
steven evans your computer skills are much better than mine
...not too sure tbh, I struggle with all things technical including the Toaster and Microwave lol
stephenevans99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 5th, 2020, 21:36   #214
migrator
Aye - him again

I will still be going along to Elvington for 27-06-21.

(Ouch - that's another knuckle ...)
VOC 11817
migrator is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to migrator For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 18:30   #215
Dippydog
Premier Member

Received new[black]pass for next years attempt today Hopefully all will be good to go this time around.
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dippydog For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 21:26   #216
andy_d
Premier Member

as best as we can tell , given the current level of boris bs, is this still looking possible as a "go" ?
,, its a Long old jaunt to get there for me,and will require serious saving up for the fuel so as much as is practically possible in "yes/no" would be appreciated
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 15th, 2021, 09:46   #217
anotheruser

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_d View Post
as best as we can tell , given the current level of boris bs, is this still looking possible as a "go" ?
,, its a Long old jaunt to get there for me,and will require serious saving up for the fuel so as much as is practically possible in "yes/no" would be appreciated
York is great, but shame as Bruntingthorpe is quite central to the whole of the UK.
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 22:15   #218
skippyfox
VOC Member

Fingers crossed this years attempt goes ahead. Yep I suppose Bruntingthorpe is central to the UK, comes in handy if you live in the centre of the UK. I was at the 2019 attempt and looking forward to the 2020 re-attempt. We all know why that got kicked into touch. Any way Elvington it is, a little bit nearer to home for me and a lot of other people in the North of England and North of the border. In 2019 Woodhall service station on the M1 looked like a bloody big Volvo dealers forecourt with all the people meeting up to travel down to Bruntingthorpe. Lets hope this year we can get this record in the bag, if it was being staged at Brands Hatch I'd make the effort to get there. Hats off to the Volvo 600 team for trying to make the record attempt a reality Hope to see you all at Elvington. So no matter what part of the UK you hail from, have a safe trip to the event and keep those Volvo's rolling.

Skip.
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skippyfox For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 10:47   #219
Simmy
Premier Member

iknew that most northen vt members were meeting at woodhall so i went to tibshelf services to watch the volvo fly past . there were just as many volvos at tibshelf . twas a grand day out
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 22nd, 2021, 11:12   #220
MGSheff

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheruser View Post
York is great, but shame as Bruntingthorpe is quite central to the whole of the UK.
Not quite correct, Morecambe in Lancashire is near the centre of the UK.
If you were thinking of the centre of England then that is Lindley Hall Farm in Leicestershire.
MGSheff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MGSheff For This Useful Post:

Tags
guinness world record, meet, volvo