Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

PCH v PCP

Views : 1537

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 9th, 2018, 22:17   #1
theminch

Default PCH v PCP

Do dealers get more commission from a PCP sale rather than a Volvo PCH sale...
theminch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2018, 22:40   #2
HDAV
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theminch View Post
I think they do, on PCH they only get the reg fee only,no profit as the lease company deal with Volvo direct, on a PCP they get the profit too I think.

That’s what I understood from conversations I had when looking for mine and weighing up leasing vs buying
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2018, 23:11   #3
Crockers
Premier Member

Also must depend on interest rate.
Old Dec 11th, 2018, 17:40   #4
AirCooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by theminch View Post
Most definitely yes!

Visited my local Volvo dealer back in October to look at the V90, the sales guy was all over me then asked how I wanted to fund it, how his face dropped when I told him PCH, he completely lost interest. Said he'd offer me a coffee but I'd have to pay for it LOL. Chatting further he told me that for PCH the dealership gets credited with an additional sales unit but his commission would be "around 50 quid". I asked for a test drive, he said he'd call to arrange it, he never called. Strangely the dealership website advertises PCH, why bother?

I should have told him I wanted a 4 year PCP with £100 deposit, gap insurance, paint protection, and pay up front servicing. Would probably have got a free coffee, biscuit and a test drive

Same story when my wife got a Nissan on PCH from a dealer, it was like we'd walked in with sh*t on our shoes. Got a free coffee though.
AirCooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2018, 17:52   #5
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirCooled View Post
Strangely the dealership website advertises PCH, why bother?
You answered that one yourself elsewhere in your post - it's because the dealership gets credited with a sales unit.

That sounds like an awful experience. It shouldn't matter whether you're paying cash, PCP, PCH or in buttons, the sales experience should be consistent. The salesman should understand that he works for the dealership and an extra sale, however it is financed, will help keep the dealership in business and will help keep him a job.

I would have been having words with the Sales Manager...
Old Dec 11th, 2018, 19:18   #6
AirCooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
You answered that one yourself elsewhere in your post - it's because the dealership gets credited with a sales unit.
You're right of course. I think what I meant was, if you're actively advertising PCH then you need to suck it up and smile when someone walks through the door asking for it. Ironically they were very competitve on price and I would have ordered on the spot if I'd had a decent customer experience. So now I've ordered through a broker and I won't be going back there for servicing.
AirCooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2018, 19:33   #7
theminch

This is the attitude that I also received, hence the question. As soon as I mentioned PCH the attitude changed and I was looked down upon.
theminch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2018, 20:34   #8
volvocamper
Master Member

This time last year I was in discussion with 2 local dealers re PCH for my XC90 and have to say I had a great experience with both.. and the car was delivered in March this year.
Did PCH on wife’s Mazda last summer and had no issues with the local Mazda dealer either. Hadn’t even thought about it until i read this post.
My experience is PCH is lower cost but difficult (expensive) to get out of if you change your mind mid term so spec and choose the car carefully. PCH is easier to escape from. Just my findings after using PCH and PCP for several vehicles now.
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2018, 21:57   #9
Parky12

Clive Brook Dealership here just treat it as any ordinary sale, though I didn't need to be sold the brand. I only asked for a match of another dealers PCH advert without a test drive as my first lease was an XC60
XC60 15MY 181 SE AWD Savile Grey (previous)
Parky12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2018, 22:06   #10
steadvex
Master Member

*duplicate post* please delete if possible!

Last edited by steadvex; Dec 12th, 2018 at 22:09. Reason: duplicate post
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote