Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Loss in boost

Views : 9207

Replies : 129

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 17th, 2008, 18:35   #21
AndysR
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irf View Post
i think the red hose comes to the front of the inlet manifold from memory. just in front/behind the radiator on the right side of the inlet manifold.

Is that the one with what looks like a one way valve fitted and is clipped to the rad fan cowling?
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 18:40   #22
Georgey dee
Premier Member

You will get a Lambda light if you disconnect the BCS and to be honest, it wont prove much. It does sound like the BCS to me as you had a bit of a symptom 500 miles back and then it cured itself. That could have also been a sticky actuator. I would wack a MBC on or a donar BCS and see if that helps then go from there.

Good luck

George.

PS. I don't 'track' my baby, it's used as the safety car if needs be but I'd rather use someone else's brakes and tires. LOL
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 18:41   #23
irf

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrs View Post
Is that the one with what looks like a one way valve fitted and is clipped to the rad fan cowling?
it's either under or over that one, but yeah, same place.
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 18:42   #24
Georgey dee
Premier Member

Quote:
it's either under or over that one, but yeah, same place.
Yep, it's just under that one but they come from the same feed so it doesn't really matter. That where I plugged my Dumper into
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 19:17   #25
AndysR
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgey dee View Post
You will get a Lambda light if you disconnect the BCS and to be honest, it wont prove much. It does sound like the BCS to me as you had a bit of a symptom 500 miles back and then it cured itself. That could have also been a sticky actuator. I would wack a MBC on or a donar BCS and see if that helps then go from there.

Good luck

George.
Cheers, I had thought that, I still feel it's more an electrical fault than a leaky hose as when I am under boost conditions the little boost that is supplied is constant regardless of engine speed which makes me think its more a faulty boost control solenoid than an actual leak. But now I have seen the condition of the vacuum hoses I want them renewed and it won't hurt it to do so anyway. Hopefully I have managed to find a spare bcs to try, thanks Stust5, so with that and renewing the vacuum lines hopefully this time next week I should have it back up to scratch again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgey dee View Post
PS. I don't 'track' my baby, it's used as the safety car if needs be but I'd rather use someone else's brakes and tires. LOL
Now your making me feel quilty about taking mine round the track! lol
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 19:47   #26
AndysR
VOC Member

Quote:

Not having looked at the hoses in great detail I am assuming they are all the same size? Well all the coloured one in the diagram above anyway? Planning on removing the easiest one to get some replacement hosing over the course of this week, probably grab some of that blue silicone stuff the local factors have just started stocking
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 20:09   #27
Georgey dee
Premier Member

Here are some part numbers for you

2x05.tmp.jpg

You can see that most of the pipes are the same part number and are sold a meters
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 20:10   #28
irf

yep, i think it's either 3 or 4mm. more likely 4mm.

edit. you beat me this time LOL
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 20:12   #29
Georgey dee
Premier Member

If it comes to it here's some more part numbers LOL
9gn1.tmp.jpg

I only say that because I may be looking at a new intercooler
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 20:13   #30
stusT5
850 t5 and r owner

don does a nice big intercooler upgrade george it's on my shopping list somewhere